|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult return||£4.50 per ticket|
|Child return||£2.50 per ticket|
|Senior return||£3.50 per ticket|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
Dartmoor Railway is more than a train journey; it is the ideal way to explore the beautiful countryside of mid-Devon and the dramatic north flank of Dartmoor.
Combine your trip on the train with a walk or cycle ride, (note: cycles are available for hire from Okehampton Station) or simply enjoy the views from the train.
Dartmoor Railway is part of the former Southern Railway main line from London Waterloo to Plymouth and Cornwall, once the route of the famous Atlantic Coast Express and the Devon Belle Pullman. This scenic journey takes you through the rolling mid-Devon countryside from Exeter or Sampford Courtenay to Meldon, the highest railway station in the southern England, and inside the National Park, where you may walk across the impressive Meldon Viaduct and enjoy panoramic views of the highest Tors of Dartmoor.
Dartmoor Sunday Rover trains run between Exeter & Okehampton on summer Sundays. There is also a Heritage Shuttle Service which operates services throughout the day on Weekend and Bank holidays.
There is a Tea Room at Okehampton which is open 7 days a week and a volunteer gift shop and museum which is open on weekends. Or you might like to visit the Buffet Carriage at Meldon (weekends & bank holidays).
Check our website for current timetables HERE
Come and enjoy a great nostalgic day out.
- On-Site café/restaurant - Buffet (Okehampton Station) & Meldon Buffet (Meldon Station). Picnic Facilities at Meldon Station.
- Dogs Accepted
- Open All Year
- In countryside
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - Coach and car parking available at Okehampton Station
- Parking (free)
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free - Must be requested in advance please.
- MasterCard accepted
- TIC Staff Admitted Free - Must be requested in advance
- Visa accepted
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
Travel & Trade
- Free accommodation for coach driver
- Group discounts available
- Packed lunches available
- Groups Accepted - Pre-booking required for groups of 10+.
Map & Directions
From the East: take the first Okehampton exit from the A30 and follow the road into the town centre. Turn left at the White Hart Hotel, following the brown signs to Dartmoor Railway.From the West: take the Okehampton exit at Sourton Cross and follow the road into the centre of town. Turn right at the White Hart Hotel and follow the brown signs to Dartmoor Railway.From the North: follow signs to the centre of Okehampton then follow the brown signs.
Public Transport Directions
Buses: please call 01392 382800 for further information regarding bus services.
|Dartmoor Railway (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Please check our website for timetables.