Be amazed and amused at House of Marbles. Lots of wonderful sights to behold for all ages.
Shop at House of Marbles for quality toys, games and gifts that are at the heart of our business. There is so much more to discover from homeware, stationery and confectionary to fashion accessories too. Be sure to browse upstairs and down to find an unusual or unique treat for yourself or others.
The Teign Valley Glass shop is a working glassworks where you can see items being made before your very eyes. Using traditional techniques such as glassblowing alongside new methods to create stylish and collectable glassware that you can buy in the glass shop as a lasting memento of your visit. Many people are mesmerised here on the viewing platform as there is always something different being made by our skilled craftsmen.
Also available on site:
- The Old Pottery Restaurant - Lunch, breakfast and afternoon tea are served in a fully-licensed eatery. Daily specials, children’s menus, gluten-free and vegetarian options also available, along with lighter refreshments for a whistle-stop tour. On a sunny day take your dining experience outside for a unique atmosphere sitting amongst the listed kilns in the heart of the Old Pottery site. Children will want to explore the games garden for that extra amusement-factor and dogs are welcome here as well.
- Four Museums - of games, glass, pottery and marbles, there really is something for everyone no matter where your interests lay. The marble museum will tell you more about the worldwide phenomena that many of us as have known and loved over the years. Childhood memories flood back in the games museum and you will relish in the history of the Pottery site browsing the large collection dating back to as early as the 1700’s. Take a walk through time as you relish in the history waiting to be discovered.
- Around the site are many nooks and crannies filled with charm and tradition. Bespoke made Marble Runs, our site penny press and funfair mirrors are all interactive. You will discover plenty of other quirky finds to keep you intrigued and in awe!
With ample free parking and no admission charge. Open 7 days a week throughout the year. Find us just off the A38 between Exeter and Plymouth, don’t miss a visit to this treasure on the edge of Dartmoor.
Opening Times: Monday to Saturday 9am – 5pm, Sunday 10am – 5pm.
Closed: Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year’s Day and Easter Sunday.
Please check the House of Marbles website before travelling in case of changes to these opening times and days.
- House of Marbles Video
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Coach drop-off point
- Dog Friendly
- Free car parking
- On-site coach parking
- Open All Year
- Free Entry
- In countryside
- Indoor Attraction
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking
- Parking (free)
- All major credit cards accepted
- Contactless payment accepted
Map & Directions
House of Marbles and Teign Valley Glass are situated on the outskirts of Bovey Tracey, Devon between Exeter and Plymouth. Come off the A38 at Drumbridges roundabout, signposted Bovey Tracey A382 (in the opposite direction to Trago Mills). Follow the brown signposts to House of Marbles.
Public Transport Directions
By Bus: From Newton Abbot Bus Station catch bus number 39, disembark in Pottery Road, Bovey Tracey.
|Season (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|