|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adults||£10.00 per ticket|
|Children||£5.00 per ticket|
|Family (2 Adults)||£25.00 per ticket|
*A higher Gift Aid admission price is also available which includes a voluntary 10% donation to help maintain Lydford Gorge.
A combination of geology, water power and climate change has created the deepest river gorge in the south west providing a truly breathtaking experience which has been enjoyed since Victorian times.
The steep-sided wooded gorge hidden on the western fringe of Dartmoor inspires many myths and legends and no wonder with features such as the 30-metre Whitelady Waterfall and the turbulent pot hole called the Devil’s Cauldron.
You can explore the gorge with a choice of adventurous circular walks from one to three miles. Throughout the seasons there is an abundance of wildlife to see, from woodland birds to wild garlic in the spring and fungi in the autumn.
There are car parks and tea-rooms at either end of gorge. The shop sells a range of outdoor clothing including walking boots, as well as books, art and delicious local food.
There are a range of events throughout the year, details can be found on our website.
Children’s play area. Picnic spots in the gorge and orchard. Dogs accepted on leads. Note: Strenuous walking, rugged terrain and vertical drops.
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Hearing loops at till points
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access - To visitor reception, shop and tea-rooms. No access for wheelchairs into the gorge. Tramper available to hire when booked more than 48 hours in advance, enables access to Whitelady Waterfall and bird hide.
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Garden Centre
- Tea Rooms
- On-Site café/restaurant - Tea-rooms at both the Devil's Cauldron and Waterfall entrances serving light lunches, home-made cakes, cream teas, beverages and ice-creams. Limited opening in winter please check website.
- Picnic Site
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children
- Cater for groups
- Dogs Accepted - On the lead throughout whole property for safety
- Free car parking
- On-site coach parking
- On-site Restaurant/Cafe
- Picnic Area
- Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Forest Location
- In countryside
- Outdoor Attraction
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking
- On Bus Route
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- All major credit cards accepted
- American Express accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Special group rates - For groups of more than 15 persons arriving on foot, public transport or by coach, and when booked in advance
- Visa accepted
Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- Dutch printed material
- French printed material
- German printed material
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Groups Accepted - Essential to pre-book.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A30. Lydford is half way between Okehampton and Tavistock on the A386, turn off for Lydford village. Through Lydford village, and the gorge is signposted on the right.
- Regional and Miscellaneous Dartmoor First 2009
|Lydford Gorge (2 Mar 2019 - 27 Oct 2019)|
* Please visit the website for opening times between November and February.
We are open every day from 2 March to 27 October in 2019, 10am – 5pm (4pm October) last admission 30 minutes before closing.