|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adults||£10.40 per ticket|
|Children||£5.20 per ticket|
|Family (2 Adults)||£26.00 per ticket|
*Gift Aid admission prices include a voluntary 10% donation; visitors can, however, choose to pay the standard admission prices which are displayed on arrival at reception.
The combination of geology, water and climate change has created the deepest river gorge in the south west providing a truly breathtaking experience which has been enjoyed since Victorian times.
The steep sided wooded gorge hidden on the western fringe of Dartmoor inspires many myths and legends and no wonder with features such as the 30-metre Whitelady waterfall and the turbulent pot hole called the Devil’s Cauldron.
You can explore the gorge with a choice of adventurous walks from one to three miles. Throughout the seasons there is an abundance of wildlife and plants to see, from woodland birds to wild garlic in the spring and fungi in the autumn.
There are car parks and tea-rooms at either end of gorge. The shop sells a range of outdoor clothing including walking boots, as well as books, art and delicious local food.
There are a range of events throughout the year, details can be found on our website.
Picnic and children’s play area. Dogs accepted on leads. Note: Strenuous walking, rugged terrain and vertical drops.
- Tea Rooms
- Groups Accepted - Essential to pre-book.
- Forest Location
- In countryside
- Outdoor Attraction
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access - To visitor reception, shop and tearooms. No access for wheelchairs into the gorge. Tramper available to hire when booked in advance, enables access to Whitelady waterfall and bird hide.
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking
- On Bus Route
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- On-Site café/restaurant - Tea-rooms at both the Devil's Cauldron and Waterfall entrances serving light lunches, home-made cakes, cream teas, beverages and ice-creams. Limited opening in winter please check website.
- Picnic Site
- All major credit cards accepted
- American Express accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Special group rates - For groups of more than 15 persons when booked in advance
- Visa accepted
- Cater for groups
- Dogs Accepted - On the lead throughout whole property for safety
- Free car parking
- On-site coach parking
- On-site Restaurant/Cafe
- Picnic Area
- Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- Tea / Coffee Shop
Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- Dutch printed material
- French printed material
- German printed material
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A30/ A386. A386 to Tavistock, turn right to Lydford village. Through Lydford village, Gorge signposted on right.
- Regional and Miscellaneous Dartmoor First 2009
|Lydford Gorge (3 Mar 2018 - 28 Oct 2018)|
* Please visit the website for opening times between November and February.
We are open every day from 3 March to 28 October in 2018, 10am – 5pm (4pm October) last admission 30 minutes before closing.