|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£7.90 per ticket|
|Child||£4.00 per ticket|
|Family, one adult and up to three children||£11.80 per ticket|
|Family, two adults and up to three children||£19.60 per ticket|
Adults - minimum group size 15, £6.70 per adult
Children - minimum group size 15, £3.40 per child
Set amidst beautiful Dartmoor countryside in the village of Sticklepath, this last remaining water-powered forge in England, gives an unique insight into village life in the 19th-century. In its heyday the foundry made 400 tools a day including sickles, scythes and shovels for West Country farmers and miners. Demonstrations of the machinery every hour.
Our tearoom overlooks the River Taw and steeply wooded moorland. Enjoy a cream tea in our beautiful garden or have a look in our shop for a special keepsake to take home.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Ramp/Level Access
- Tea Rooms
- On-Site café/restaurant - Soup, cakes, local ice cream, hot and cold drinks
- Picnic Site
- Tea Room
- Dogs Accepted - Except in Tea Room
- Printed Material in Foreign Languages - French/German
- In countryside
- Max group size - 20
- Village Location
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- American Express accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given - Every hour between 11.15am and 4:15pm
- Educational Visits Accepted - Pre-booking essential
- Guided Tours Available for Groups - Pre-booking essential
- Groups Accepted - Essential to prebook.
Map & Directions
We are situated four miles east of Okehampton. Follow the brown road signs from the A30, situated in village of Sticklepath. If exiting at Whiddon Down follow signs for Finch Foundry/Bowden Hostas/Sticklepath.
- Regional and Miscellaneous Dartmoor First 2009
* Open daily from 7 March to 1 November, 11am-5pm. (last admission 30 minutes before closing).