Devon Cycle Hire is situated right on the Granite Way trail, between two viaducts. Hire a bike and cycle the beautiful, breathtaking, off road purpose built trail. We have top quality adult and children's mountain bikes, hybrid bikes, Tag-a-longs, child seats, buggies and even tandems. A fantastic day out for the whole family. Electric bikes for hire as well as a mobility Tramper. Please drop in or call for details.
We also sell our ex-hire bikes. Please ring for details.
Open Easter - end of September, February and October half terms. We are closed on Wednesday's during term time (DCC dates apply). Please see our website for details. 2nd Sept 2015 is our first Wednesday closed. If you require bikes during the winter, please ring and we will be happy to help.
- In countryside - Direct access to The Granite Way cycle route.
- Activities accessible for visitors with disabilities
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - We have trailers, child seats, tag alongs and child bikes.
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Customer car parking.
- On Bus Route - Devon Cycle Hire is on the a386. There is a bus stop directly outside the gate.
- Cycle hire
- Café - Refreshments. Hot & cold drinks. Locally made ice creams and sweet treats.
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- Dog Friendly - Dog trailer available to hire.
- Dogs Accepted - We have a dog trailer for hire.
- Equipment/clothing available for hire - Helmets free with your cycle hire.
- First Aid
- Route maps available
- Self guided walks/cycle rides
- Shop - New & ex hire bikes for sale. Cycling accessories. Cycling repairs.
- Toilets - Customer toilets.
- Easy Route
- Linear Route
Map & Directions
From A30 Cornwall: exit A386 turn right towards Tavistock. After 100 metres take 1st left signposted 'Sourton Down'From A30 Devon: exit A386 turn left towards Tavistock. After 100 metres take 1st left signposted 'Sourton Down'.Public Transport:Take number 86 bus from Okehampton to Plymouth and get off at Sourton Down.
|Devon Cycle Hire 2018 - Opening (30 Mar 2018 - 30 Sept 2018)|
* Open 9.30am - 5pm. Seasonal opening from Easter to end of September, October and February half terms. Devon Cycle Hire is closed on Tuesday's and Wednesdays during term-time. Please note DCC term dates apply.