|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult (with Gift aid)||£12.50|
|Child (with Gift aid)||£6.30|
|Family (with Gift Aid)||£30.50|
Other ticket options available, please visit our website or call 01822 853607 for details. National Trust members free.
When you visit Buckland, you follow over 700 years of footsteps; from the Cistercians who built the Abbey and farmed the estate, to seafarers Grenville and Drake who changed the shape of the house and the fate of the country.
The Abbey is part museum, part house, and filled with treasures such as the legendary Drake’s Drum. There’s no mistaking the magnificence of the Great Barn, which has remained virtually unchanged since it was built all those centuries ago.
You’ll discover meadows, orchards and woodlands where you can enjoy far-reaching views of the Tavy Valley. Our way-marked trails are a riot of colour through the seasons, with an unmissable carpet of bluebells in spring.
At the cider house, herbaceous borders provide seasonal interest and a secret ‘wild’ garden is a wonderful place for quiet contemplation (or a game of hide and seek).
Find your favourite spot and you’ll want to come back to Buckland time and again.
We do allow dogs on certain walks here at Buckland Abbey, Garden and Estate, and also in the Ox Yard and car park.
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Subtitles available on intro film
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors - Braille, large print guide available.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant - Licensed restaurant/tearoom for 100 max.
- Picnic Site
- Conference facilities
- Dog Friendly
- Dogs Accepted - Dogs kept under close control when in the woodlands, on leads in areas of grazing and on the main visitor route.
- Event Venue
- Free car parking
- On-site Restaurant/Cafe
- Open All Year
- Picnic Area
- Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- In countryside
- Indoor Attraction
- No Smoking Attraction
- Outdoor Attraction
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- All major credit cards accepted
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Special group rates - Available for parties of 15 or more. Please call 01822 853607 for details.
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Min group size numeric qualifier
- Groups Accepted - Please book in advance by calling 01822 853607
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A386. Follow brown signposts west from A386, at Yelverton, 1.2 miles from A386.
|Open New Year|
* Last admission to the Abbey 30 minutes before closing