This accommodation does not have any available rooms
Woodland Springs is an AA 5 Pennant Gold site in the secluded and quiet hamlet of Venton, which is set in the boundaries of the beautiful Dartmoor National Park. It is exclusively for adults (18+) who are looking for peace, quiet and tranquillity. Caravans, motorhomes and tents are all catered for as well as having some camping pods for hire.
If you like to spend your time relaxing or going for the more energetic type of activity then Woodland Springs is the ideal place for you with many invigorating walks and activities on the adjoining moor. Good pub food is only a mile away, with local shopping facilities in Chagford and Okehampton. Golf, fishing, swimming and horse riding are all to be found nearby and the sandy beaches of Devon can be easily reached. The cathedral city of Exeter is only a short 18 mile drive with the Quay worth a visit as well as the cathedral and city centre.
Woodland Spring's excellent location and access to main routes make it an ideal base for not only exploring Dartmoor but for touring Devon and Cornwall. The nearby attractions of Castle Drogo, Spinster's Rock, Fingle Bridge, Stone Lane Garden and Finch Foundry are nearby with Eden Project only an hour away. You could also have a picnic on the moor or at such places as Fernworthy Reservoir. There are some 600 miles of public right of way in the Dartmoor National Park, enough to keep the most avid walker busy for a while. If looking for something different try Letterboxing or Geocaching or check this website for much more information on what to do.
There are basic grass pitches for tents, standard pitches with an electric hook-up for caravans and tent as well as fully serviced hard standings for caravans, motorhomes and tents.
Woodland Springs is the only adult touring site within the Dartmoor National Park and is a member of Tranquil Parks.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Camping Pod||from £40.00 to £45.00 per pitch (2 people)|
|Fully Serviced, motorhome, caravan or tent||from £24.00 to £27.00 per pitch (2 people)|
|Standard, caravan or tent||from £21.00 to £24.00 per pitch (2 people)|
|Tent only||from £17.50 to £20.50 per pitch (2 people)|
*Price includes up to 2 adults, the unit, hook-ups as applicable, awning (or second tent), car and all dogs. There are no charges for dogs.
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet - Ramp
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
Children & Infants
- Adult Only
- Calor/Camping Gas purchase/exchange service
- Chemical disposal point
- Countryside Location
- Dogs Accepted - No charges
- Drinking water supply
- Electric hook-up points - Fully serviced pitches
- Electric shaver point
- Electricity inc in rate
- Facilites for disabled guests
- Ironing facilities - Ironing board and iron free to use
- Latest arrival time (24 hr clock) - 20:00
- Launderette - Self service, get tokens from Reception when shop is open
- Licenced for alcohol
- Mains service pitches available
- Showers - Award winning toilet/shower blocks (Loo of the year 2019 - Platinum awards
- Total number of touring pitches - 81
- Visitor information
- Wi-Fi available - Paid for service
- Chargeable Wi-Fi
- In countryside
- Max group size
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - Park on your pitch
- Accept Bank Transfers, Internet Payment or SWIFT/IBAN
- Cash accepted
- Contactless payment accepted - Debit cards only
- Credit cards not accepted
- Delta accepted - Debit cards only
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted - Debit cards only
- Switch accepted
- Visa accepted - Debit cards only
- Marketed to any other specialist market - Adults only, all guests must be 18 years of age or over
- Mobile Phone Reception
Map & Directions
From A30 at Whiddon Down Junction, follow the A382 towards Moretenhampstead (also signposted Services). Turn left at next roundabout still following the A382 towards Moretonhampstead. In about 1 mile turn left into Venton. Woodland Springs is the second drive on the left and is signposted.
Public Transport Directions
The 6 and 6a.run from Exeter to Whiddon Down, 1.5 miles from Woodland Springs. Also The 178 runs between Newton Abbot and Okehampton - must be hailed.
- 5 AA Pennants Holiday Park
- Regional and Miscellaneous Dartmoor First 2010
- AA Awards AA 5 Pennant Gold 2019 (Campsite) - 01 January 2019 2019
|Open New Year|
|Woodland Springs Touring Park (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|