This accommodation does not have any available rooms
AboutWeirford House is an attractive barn conversion set in four acres of tranquil grounds with secluded courtyard, woodland, wetland, stream and wildlife ponds. We are close to the centre of the picturesque village of Sampford Courtenay and within easy walking distance of a 15th Century pub with real ale and good food. The house is peacefully situated with lovely rural views and all visitors are welcome to enjoy the garden with its wide variety of birds and other wildlife.
The large double bedroom is full of character with exposed beams and it has extensive views over the garden. It has its own well-appointed private bathroom with roll top bath and separate shower, just across the corridor.
The Garden Barn is situated across the courtyard in an old stone and cob barn that has been modernised to a high standard. The barn was part of the original farm buildings and features a double bedroom with exposed beams and an en-suite with a large shower. The bedroom is divided from the open plan sitting room by the original ancient elm door. There are some kitchen facilities to allow for the preparation of evening meals and a small private garden at the front.
You are assured of a warm welcome with a cream tea, or home made cake and tea on arrival. In the morning, breakfast is served in the conservatory where we hope you will appreciate the extensive views of the garden and surrounding countryside, whilst you enjoy a delicious Aga cooked breakfast with organic local produce, and home made preserves.
Dogs taken but only in the Garden Barn accommodation.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double - private bathroom||£30.00 per person (breakfast included)|
|Garden Barn||from £30.00 to £37.50 per person (breakfast included)|
*Please note: a fridge is available in the Garden Barn.
We have Burmese cats, but not in the guest area
- Cater for vegetarians
- Local Produce English Breakfast
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Children's videos/DVDs available
- Facilities for children
- Food/bottle warming available
- Broadband Internet Access
- Central heating throughout
- Countryside Location
- Free car parking
- Garden/patio for guests' use - Guests are welcome to enjoy all the gardens. Garden Barn has small private area too
- Ironing facilities
- Open All Year
- Pets accepted
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Separate guests' lounge - Garden Barn only, but guests in double room have use of the conservatory
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- In countryside
- Inn - Outstanding local Inn
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - The site of the Prayer Book Rebellion of 1549. The final battle was also staged here.
- Village Location - Historic and picturesque Devon village
- Cycle hire - can be arranged in advance
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - Plenty of parking on site
- All major credit cards accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- CD Player in all bedrooms
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- DVD Player in all bedrooms - Garden Barn only
- Electric shaver point
- Free View TV
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available - Garden Barn only
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms - Small, fully equipped kitchen area in Garden Barn
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Pets (Proprietors) on premises
- Special provisions for cyclists - Storage for bikes and space for maintenance
- Special provisions for walkers - Walkers very welcome. Plenty of books, maps and suggestions for walks. Drying facilities available.
Map & Directions
From Okehampton take B3215 (signed Crediton). After 4 miles turn left for Sampford Courtenay. On reaching village go straight over mini roundabout, past The New Inn. Pass church and take next right signed Weirford House. From Exeter leave A30 at Whiddon Down. Take B3219, turning left on A3072 and follow to Sampford Courtenay, turning right at the New Inn, then as above.
|Weirford House (1 Apr 2018 - 30 Sept 2018)|
|Weirford House (1 Oct 2018 - 31 Mar 2019)|
* Not open during Christmas, New Year and Easter