This accommodation does not have any available rooms
Higher Headborough Farm and its 5 star Gold Award three double en-suite bedroomed barn conversion is sited within the south eastern edge of Dartmoor National Park, just two minutes away from the historic stannary town of Ashburton. The River Dart valley is close by, and offers memorable riverside walks through pretty woodland. In the winter months you can watch skilled canoeists navigate the turbulent white waters of the Dart, or even join them if you have the skills! Up on the moor, you could spend a few hours, or a day, horse riding from several stables in the area, hire electric bikes for an expedition, or take a walking tour with alpacas, stopping for a picnic on one of the hundreds of tors (rocky volcanic outcrops). Or you could just walk on some of the hundreds of miles of beautiful paths with breath-taking views around every corner! Nearby, the famous village Widecombe-in-the-Moor offers two pubs with good food. Our favourite is the Rugglestone Inn, a tiny, unspoilt pub with friendly staff, a great traditional atmosphere and well-cooked pub food. Within a short drive you will be in the South Hams and the South Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, where the coastal paths and beaches are some of the best you will find anywhere in Europe.
The Tithe Barn and adjacent Higher Headborough Farm date from late medieval times, and together they nestle in its own four secluded acres of pasture, orchards, and garden with country views. The recent restoration and conversion has rescued and revived a “historic building at risk” whilst creating a unique holiday home of the highest standards.
We look forward to welcoming you to The Tithe Barn.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|The Tithe Barn||from £975.00 to £1,950.00 per unit per week|
*Three double bedrooms, all with en-suites.
Prices vary seasonally from £1000 to £2100 per week.
Short stays from three nights (minimum) start at £750.
Please inquire about any late availability.
- Free Wi-Fi available
- Picinic Area
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users - Flat ground floor including en-suite wetroom
- Facilities for the Disabled
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Accept children all ages
- Children's play area
- Children's videos/DVDs available
- Facilities for children
- Countryside Location
- Dogs Accepted - Please see dog guidelines on our website
- Electricity inc in rate
- Exclusive Use
- Family Friendly
- Free car parking
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Gas inc in rate
- Ironing Facilities
- Linen available free of charge
- Linen provided
- On-site parking or valet parking
- Pets accepted - Well behaved dogs accepted by prior agreement only.
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Country house
- In countryside - Just outside the small town of Ashburton...only a five minute walk
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Games room
- Wet Room Available
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Large parking area sufficient for up to six cars. This is private and well away from the road.
- On site parking - Lots of space for up to six cars!
- Accept Bank Transfers, Internet Payment or SWIFT/IBAN
- All major credit cards accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Central Heating
- Colour TV
- Drying Facilities
- Electric shaver point
- Free View TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ground Floor Accommodation
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Ironing Facilities
- Non smoking units
- Oven / Cooker
- Towels Available
- Underfloor heating
- Washing Machine
- Pets (Proprietors) on premises - We have two quiet Labradors, Toby and Ollie and a Bengal cat called Ozzie.
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
There is a bus service to Exeter and Plymouth, hourly during weekdays.
Public Transport Directions
The nearest Great Western Railway stations are both around 8 miles away in Newton Abbot and Totnes; they have taxi stands.
- 5 Visit England Stars
- 1 Accessibility - Mobility
- Visit England Visit England Gold Award 2018
|Open New Year|
|The Tithe Barn (10 Feb 2018 - 5 Jan 2019)|
|The Tithe Barn (23 Feb 2018 - 4 Jan 2019)|
* Current availability can be viewed on our main web site: www.tithebarnashburton.co.uk