This accommodation does not have any available rooms
The Tithe Barn, Ashburton,is a recently restored medieval farm building, and now provides a unique holiday home with three large, luxury en-suite double bedrooms sleeping up to six adults plus a baby/infant. There is a light and spacious open-plan lounge with well-equipped kitchen and dining areas, a laundry room with drying facilities, and a spectacular vaulted games room with pool and table tennis for evening and wet day entertainment. The ground floor is level and suitable for wheelchair users. The owners have used traditional building materials; reclaimed granite, heavy oak beams and beautiful thatch to extend and convert this “listed building at risk”. Internally, the emphasis has been on creating maximum comfort; under-floor heating, king and super-king pocket-sprung beds, fine cotton bedding, and quality furniture and fittings.
The cottage is conveniently and rurally located within the south eastern edge of the stunning Dartmoor National Park, but is just two minutes away from the busy historic stannary town of Ashburton. It nestles within four secluded acres of pasture, orchards, and garden with country views. There is spacious private parking, a patio garden, and ample privacy. The owners live in the adjacent historic farmhouse and can provide help and advice when required. The Tithe Barn is graded Five Star with a Gold Award by VisitEngland, the highest grading possible. To date it has been reviewed nearly 50 times on TripAdvisor, with every guest giving it a 5/5 rating.
The River Dart valley is close by, and offers memorable riverside walks through pretty woodland. In the winter months you can watch skilled canoeists navigate the turbulent white waters of the Dart, or even join them if you have the skills! Up on the moor, you could spend a few hours or a day, horse riding from several stables in the area, hire electric bikes for an expedition, or take a walking tour with alpacas, stopping for a picnic on one of the hundreds of tors (rocky volcanic outcrops). Or you could just walk on some of the hundreds of miles of beautiful paths with breath-taking views around every corner! Nearby, the famous village Widecombe-in-the-Moor offers two pubs with good food. Our favourite is the Rugglestone Inn, a tiny, unspoilt pub with friendly staff, a great traditional atmosphere and well-cooked pub food. Or you might choose to walk into Ashburton for shopping, great restaurants and cafes, and numerous antique shops. Within a short drive you will be in the South Hams and the South Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, where the coastal paths and beaches are some of the best you will find anywhere in Europe.
We look forward to welcoming you to The Tithe Barn.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|The Tithe Barn||£1,300.00 per unit per week|
*Three double bedrooms, all with en-suites.
Prices vary seasonally from £1000 to £2100 per week.
Short stays from three nights (minimum) start at £750.
Please inquire about any late availability.
- Free Wi-Fi available
- Picinic Area
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users - The entire ground floor is flat including en-suite wetroom. Shallow gradient ramps from entrance and patio.
- Facilities for the Disabled - We can supply an adjustable shower stool or chair, and a toilet raiser frame.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Accept children all ages
- Children's play area
- Children's videos/DVDs available
- Facilities for children
- Countryside Location
- Dogs Accepted - Please see dog guidelines on our website
- Electricity inc in rate
- Exclusive Use
- Family Friendly
- Free car parking
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Gas inc in rate
- Ironing Facilities
- Linen available free of charge
- Linen provided - High quality cotton linen with duvets and cotton towels are provided
- On-site parking or valet parking
- Pets accepted - Well behaved dogs accepted by prior agreement only.
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Country house
- In countryside - Just outside the small town of Ashburton...only a five minute walk
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Games room
- Other sporting facilities - Large games room with pool and table tennis tables. Cross trainer
- Wet Room Available
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Large parking area sufficient for up to six cars. This is private and well away from the road.
- On site parking - Lots of space for up to six cars!
- Accept Bank Transfers, Internet Payment or SWIFT/IBAN
- All major credit cards accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Central Heating
- Colour TV
- Drying Facilities
- Electric shaver point
- Free View TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ground Floor Accommodation
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available - Suitable for wheelchair use
- Ironing Facilities
- Non smoking units
- Oven / Cooker
- Towels Available
- Underfloor heating
- Washing Machine
- Marketed to any other specialist market - Accessible for wheelchair users and people with limited mobility
- Mobile Phone Reception - Limited O2 availability, best used outside about 20 metres from house
- Pets (Proprietors) on premises - We have two quiet Labradors, Toby and Ollie and a Bengal cat called Ozzie.
- Special provisions for walkers - Laundry and drying room
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
This cottage is best accessed by car, as rural bus services are very limited in the area. It is only a short drive to open moorland, the South Devon beaches and the historic cities of Plymouth and Exeter.
Public Transport Directions
The nearest Great Western Railway stations are both around 8 miles away in Newton Abbot and Totnes; they have taxi stands.
- 5 Visit England Stars
- 1 Accessibility - Mobility
- Visit England Visit England Gold Award 2018
|Open New Year|
|The Tithe Barn (16 Feb 2019 - 15 Nov 2019)|
* Current availability can be viewed on our main web site: www.tithebarnashburton.co.uk