This accommodation does not have any available rooms
AboutNestling below the famous Haytor Rocks and just inside the Dartmoor National Park is the rural hamlet of Haytor Vale and the Rock Inn. This family-owned traditional English Country Inn has been offering travellers hospitality, good food and shelter since it's foundation as a coaching inn in the mid-eighteenth century. In this modern age we pride ourselves on a relaxed, friendly atmosphere, with personal service reminiscent of a bygone age.
The Inn has 9 very comfortable guest rooms each with a bathroom or shower room en suite, colour TV, direct dial telephone and beverage tray. Whether you favour a cosy picnic on the moor or want to go all out to impress with a grand gesture, the inn has everything you need including four-poster rooms and our “Romantic Getaway”.
Dining at The Rock Inn is a relaxing experience. The Inn has long been revered for the standard and quality of its food and we are privileged to be able to feature fine wines specially chosen from around the world for our guests enjoyment.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite From||£95.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Room service
- Serve breakfast - In restaurant 8am to 9.30am or in guest's own room.
- Serve evening meal - 7pm to 9.30pm.
- Serve lunch - 11am to 2.15pm.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Facilities for children - Cots, high chair etc.
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem) - Modem in all rooms, fax.
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Pets accepted - Dogs - not in public rooms.
- Public telephone
- Real log/coal fires
- Separate guests' lounge
- Haunted - Lady in Grey "Belinda" seen inside.
- In countryside
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Rear of building, 20 cars.
- Delta accepted
- Diners Club accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Four poster beds available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Modem point in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Special provisions for lone female travellers
- Special provisions for walkers - Guided walks in and around Dartmoor.
Map & Directions
From A38 join A382 then B3387 for 3.5 miles to Haytor.
Public Transport Directions
From Newton Abbot - 9 miles
No public transport.
- 4 AA Gold Stars
- AA Awards AA - 1 Rosette 2015
|Open New Year|
|The Rock Inn (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|