AboutVisit Dartmoor and stay with us in our beautifully situated Old School on the edge of Dartmoor National Park.
Guests have a choice of large luxurious and comfortable premier and superior double bedrooms with ensuites and king size beds. Alternatively, we also have an equally large standard room with a private shower room facility. Additional comforts provided include complementary goodies tray, Sony freeview TV's, free internet access (wifi) and free car parking.
Our lovely breakfasts are particularly good and include many homemade items cooked to order (see dining room). When booking we suggest you make a reservation in our dining room for an evening meal, or if you want book in for an afternoon tea. Our food is freshly prepared and locally sourced, where possible, by our Chef who trained at Leith's School of Food and Wine in London.
Whether you are here on business or for pleasure, Maxine and Chris will strive to ensure that you feel at home, and make your visit as memorable as possible. Whatever your requirements, we will do our utmost to accommodate you.
Our picturesque village on the River Walkham has 2 pubs, village store/post office and more. Nearby we have many cycling and walking tracks and plenty of lanes to explore!
The award winning ancient town of Tavistock and its famous Pannier Market, the Naval City of Plymouth, Derriford (Hospital) and Princetown are all nearby. Local villages include Yelverton, Crapstone, Meavy, Clearbrook and Buckland Monachorum. Some local attractions include Buckland Abbey, the Garden House, Saltram House, Lydford Gorge, Cotehele House and Dartmoor Zoo. Or why not visit Cornwall; the Eden Project, Lost Gardens of Heligan and Mount Edgecombe House are an easy drive away. Maxine will ‘fill’ you in on many more!
Booking options: Use our 'check availability' facility above, or talk to Maxine on 01822 852437 who will be delighted to assist you.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Premier Room||£95.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Standard Room||£75.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Superior Room||£85.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*All our rooms are doubles with King size beds!
Non-smoking throughout the whole school.
- Free Wi-Fi available
- Additional meal details - Evening dinner can be arranged in our dining room. Please book in advance. Our Chef qualified with Leith's School of Food and Wine.
- Bar - We are fully licensed and have a bar.
- Cater for vegetarians - We cater for veggies and those with food intolerances. Please discuss with us before booking.
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Serve evening meal - Please book in advance.
- Serve lunch - lease book in advance.
- Serves Local Food
- Available for wedding receptions - By arrangement. Please speak to Maxine.
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem) - Fax and copying available by arrangement. Extra cost involved.
- Central heating throughout
- Countryside Location
- Family Friendly
- Free car parking
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities - Ironing board in all rooms. Iron provided by arrangement.
- Licenced for alcohol
- On-site parking or valet parking
- Open All Year
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Non smoking establishment - No Smoking anywhere on the property.
- Access to golf course - Tavistock and Yelverton golf courses nearby.
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Free parking for guests on site.
- Accept Bank Transfers, Internet Payment or SWIFT/IBAN
- All major credit cards accepted
- Delta accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Digital TV
- Electric shaver point
- Free View TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- TV in all bedrooms
- Special provisions for cyclists - Secure location for bikes.
Map & Directions
Follow the M5 South, pick up the A38 to Plymouth. Follow the signs for Tavistock (A386). Turn left (1st exit) at Yelverton roundabout. Travel along A386 and after a mile turn right into Horrabridge village centre. Cross the medieval stone bridge and turn 1st left. The Leaping Salmon Inn will be on your right. At the White Chapel House (250 yards) turn right. The Old School House is 50 yards up on the left.
Alternatively, take the M5 South and pick up the A30 to Oakhampton. Stay on the A30 to Oakhampton and take A386 to Tavistock. In Tavistock cross 2 small roundabouts and take the Whitchurch Road. Follow this road until you reach Horrabridge (3.5 miles). After the road restriction, travel for 300 yards and turn left at the White Chapel House. The Old School House is 50 yards up on the left.
Public Transport Directions
Newquay and Exeter airports are less than an hour’s drive. Bristol is about a 2hr drive.
|The Old School Guest House (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2018)|