- Arrival Date:
- 23rd January 2019
- Departure Date:
- 24th January 2019
- No. of Nights:
Welcome To The Bedford Hotel. Once the Tavistock retreat of the Dukes of Bedford, and now yours!
The Bedford Hotel sits proudly at the heart of the award-winning Dartmoor market town of Tavistock. Birthplace of Sir Francis Drake, the town of Tavistock is steeped in history just waiting to be explored. You’ll also find a town centre full of independent shops, a bustling pannier market, and a pretty park running alongside the River Tavy and the canal.
Tavistock is a perfect base from which to explore the whole of Dartmoor, and the Tamar Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The maritime city of Plymouth, with its spectacular Plymouth Hoe and waterfront, is little over half an hour away.
Step inside The Bedford Hotel and you’ll find a welcoming bar, cosy lounges, a very attractive oak-panelled restaurant, and 31 individually styled bedrooms. Bedrooms range from comfortable Classic rooms to indulgent Four Poster rooms with spa baths.
The food at The Bedford Hotel is a delight, and has been recognised with awards from Taste of the West. A strong emphasis on local, seasonal produce, brought together with flair by head chef Raoul Ketelaars and his talented team.
A welcome combination of comfort and style, delicious food, fine wines, warm hospitality and impeccable service.
Call The Bedford Hotel on 01822 613221 to pick your perfect room, book a table in the restaurant, or find out about special offers and breaks.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||£70.00 per person (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|Twin en suite||£70.00 per person (breakfast included)|
|Family en suite||from £140.00 to £190.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single en suite||£70.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Triple en suite||£210.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Additional meal details - Any
- Cater for vegetarians
- Room service
- Serve breakfast - 7.30am-9.30am.
- Serve evening meal - 7.00pm-9.30pm.
- Serve lunch - Noon-2.30pm.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Accept children all ages
- Facilities for children
- Accept coach parties
- Available for wedding receptions
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem)
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for alcohol
- Open All Year
- Pets accepted
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Real log/coal fires
- Separate guests' lounge
- Wedding Venue
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Celebrity connection - Tavistock is the birth place of Sir Francis Drake
- Haunted - We have been told the Bedford is haunted on many occasions
- In town/city centre
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Built on site of former Benedictine Abbey. Former home to Dukes of Bedford.
- Access to golf course
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - 40 spaces
- All major credit cards accepted
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Diners Club accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Four poster beds available
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Modem point in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings
- Christmas/New Year Programme
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Special provisions for cyclists - Secure storage and drying facilities.
- Special provisions for walkers
- Four poster honeymoon suite
- Lawn area for marquee
- Marriage / Reception Room decoration
- Overnight accommodation available
- Red carpet welcome
Map & Directions
From A386 Situated in the centre of Tavistock, off the main square.
- 3 AA Stars Hotel
- Regional and Miscellaneous Dartmoor First 2010
- Taste of the West Awards Taste of the West - Silver 2016
|Open New Year|
|The Bedford Hotel (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|