This accommodation does not have any available rooms
We are an award-winning bed and breakfast on the fringes of Devon and Cornwall - perfect for exploring the length and breadth of the South West! We offer a premium bed and breakfast escape, as well as a range of unique extra experiences that our guests may choose to enjoy. These include handmade packed lunches, locally sourced evening meals and guided walks into Dartmoor National Park.
You will find us on the side of a hill, half way along an old bumpy farm and mining track, with woodland and trails behind us, a river and farmland in front. It’s a peaceful and tranquil spot, with plenty of nature and The Great Outdoors right outside your bedroom door!
We’ve got just three double bedrooms, so we’re made for a quiet getaway. Think exposed stonework and quirky oak ceiling beams of an old barn, brought up to date with a fresh modern finish. Plenty of windows and light to enjoy views across the countryside and the original farm courtyard. Cosy beds made for sleeping in. All natural bath products. Simple luxury to ensure your stay is both relaxing and comfortable.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Dart - Superior Double||£110.00 per person (breakfast included)|
|Tavy & Lyd - Standard Double||£100.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Prices from £90 to £120.
Discount available for single room occupancy.
- Free Wi-Fi available
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- Suitable for people with limited mobility
- Additional meal details - We offer our guests breakfast lunch and dinner. Our food is locally sourced and grown onsite as much as possible. Our weekly menus are seasonal, using the very best our region has to offer.
- Bar - Wine and Beer are available to buy with an evening meal.
- Cater for vegetarians - Let us know if you have dietary requirements, we can cater for most ways to enjoy food.
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Serve breakfast - A hearty breakfast to get you started, including a cooked breakfast, cereals and toast with a selection of homemade honey and jams.
- Serve evening meal - A three course dinner, using the very best seasonal foods our region has to offer.
- Serve lunch - A scrummy packed lunch to energise and ensure you get the most out of your day. This would include: sandwiches, crisps, muesli bars, fruit and homemade cake.
- Serves Local Food
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Lee Byre is best suited to older children (10+) and adults. That said, it’s not a rule written in stone. For example a great way to enjoy Lee Byre is to book the whole place for an exclusive stay, then you and your family of all ages can get into the groove of life at Lee Byre, the woods, streams and forest tracks around us. Also, we have additional single beds at £30 per night to transform Dart into a family room.
- Bristol Pound Accepted
- Central heating throughout
- Countryside Location
- Exclusive Use
- Free car parking
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- On-site parking or valet parking
- Separate guests' lounge
- Staff fluent in foreign languages ** (List of languages are separately given) - There is a native German speaker at Lee Byre
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Accessible Rooms
- Farm - The buildings are a collection of converted barns and animal stalls; for 300 years Lee Byre was used as a livestock and dairy farm, before it fell into disrepair in 1970s. Lovingly restored by John Barnes over 7 years, it has retained its character and heritage.
- Groups Welcomed
- In countryside
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- French spoken - A fluent French speaker lives at Lee Byre.
- German spoken - A native german speaker lives at Lee Byre
- Portuguese spoken - A fluent Portuguese speaker lives at Lee Byre
- Staff Fluent in Languages - French
- Games Room - We have a table tennis table and LOVE to play!
Parking & Transport
- Courtesy transport to airport (Charge Applicable)
- On site parking - Lee Byre has a private car park.
- Accept Bank Transfers, Internet Payment or SWIFT/IBAN
- All major credit cards accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- CD Player in all bedrooms
- Central Heating
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Colour Television in all units
- Digital TV
- DVD Player in all bedrooms
- Electric shaver point
- Free View TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available - There is a no smoking policy at Lee Byre
- Non smoking rooms available
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- TV in all bedrooms
- Honeymoon Breaks
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Special provisions for walkers - We offer guided walks into Dartmoor National Park and the surrounding region. We can also help you plan your own adventures.
Travel & Trade
- Packed lunches available
- Wi-fi available
- Honesty Bar
Map & Directions
There are several ways of getting here. Firstly by car we are just off the A30, heading south from Bristol to Cornwall, our turning is 30 minutes further on from Exeter at Sourton Cross junction.
Public Transport Directions
If you don't have a car, then we offer a transfer service from Exeter St Davids Train Station, or Exeter Airport. Please get in touch if you have any questions about travel.
* In 2018 will be open between March and November.