This accommodation does not have any available rooms
A warm and friendly welcome awaits you at Higher Venton Farm. A 16th Century thatched Devon longhouse nestling in the green, unspoilt countryside of the Dartmoor National Park just half a mile from the picturesque village of Widecombe-in-the-Moor. We are a 130-acre farm providing traditional farmhouse accommodation with good wholesome cooking using fresh farm produce wherever possible.
At Higher Venton - your holiday can be as active or relaxed as you wish. You can simply unwind and soak-up the peace and quiet of our beautiful countryside or, for the more energetic there is a riding stables five minutes’ walk down the lane. Why not explore the rugged beauty of Dartmoor - all 365 square miles of it. Join one of the many guided walks.
A pleasant fifteen minute walk down a country lane, past our local real ale inn leads you into the pretty village of Widecombe-in-the-Moor, renowned for it's September fair with Bill Brewer, Peter Gurney, and Uncle Tom Cobley and all! Clustered around the beautiful church of St Pancras, often referred to as the Catherdral in the Moor. There are shops, cafes, a National Trust shop with information centre and a 600-year-old public house.
"War Horse" you have seen the movie now come and explore the beautiful location and stay amongst the small thatched farms. Walk the moors and see the ponies running wild.
NOTE - We have no mobile signal in the village, unfortunately we cannot offer WIFI to our guests.
However we believe the Old Inn in the village continue to offer free connection.
Given the farm is not fully accessible, we will do all that we can to accommodate your visit to our Devon Long House. We have low access, cobbles and steps, a steep spiral staircase. Please call us to fully discuss your booking. 01364 621235.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double||£70.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Double en suite||£80.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin||£70.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Double en suite 2 persons sharing per night £80
Single occupancy £48
Small Double & Twin room, sharing a bathroom £70 per night 2 persons sharing
Sole occupancy £40
All inclusive of breakfast
Require a non refundable deposit £20 per room per night
Tariff page up to date on www.ventonfarm.com
- Additional meal details - We offer, pre booked excellent, cream teas. Home baked scones locally sourced cream & our jam. Served weather permitting in the lovely walled cobbled garden.
- Serve breakfast - We can offer a small room reduction of £5 per room for both occupants wishing for a “lite breakfast”.
- Central heating throughout
- Number of Shared Bathrooms - 1
- Pets accepted
- Farm - Built in 1560, previous owner was the writer Beatrice Chase.
- In countryside
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
Room / Unit Features
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Special provisions for walkers - We welcome walkers, and we can deal with water proofs and help to dry out clothing and boots over night.
Map & Directions
From Exeter to Bovey Tracey to Widecombe-in-the-Moor.
Public Transport Directions
From Newton Abbot - 11 milesFrom Newton Abbot head towards Widecombe-in-the-moor through Ashburton.
|Higher Venton (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|