This accommodation does not have any available rooms
Arriving for the first time, as you round the corner of the long and winding drive, from the distance appears Gidleigh Park. The quintessential country house is nestled in a wooded valley within the natural beauty of the wilds of Dartmoor, Devon. Its location is breath taking and the views are something else altogether. Taking in the gardens and grounds of the estate and the river running through, the house is a backdrop to showcase an eclectic art and privately owned antiques collection. The journey to Gidleigh Park is of course so often made by those seeking to enjoy one of the finest dining experiences in the UK.
There are 24 luxurious bedrooms at Gidleigh Park to choose from. Named after local landmark tors, each room is luxuriously appointed and individually designed, featuring fine antiques and artwork. Naturally, all come with crisp white linen, plumped up pillows and Vispring beds to guarantee that perfect night's slumber. Nestled in the grounds, 350 yards from the hotel, The Pavilion is a charming thatched cottage reached by a footpath along the river, ideal for a more secluded stay. Many of these indulgent spaces command views over the grounds and the magnificent countryside beyond.
Joining Gidleigh Park in September 2019, Chris Eden arrived from Driftwood in Cornwall after 12 illustrious years as Head Chef. Chris was awarded a Michelin star in 2012, becoming the first Cornish born chef to hold a star in their home county. Bringing his produce-led ethos to the kitchens of Gidleigh Park, Chris' style is beautifully laced with touches of adventure and invention, creating refined plates where flavour is king. Undeniably refined with an exacting technique, Chris is also renowned for his honest, unfussy approach to cooking. His menus are contemporary with a nod to tradition, supporting local Devonshire farmers and producers to ensure that only the finest quality ingredients make it on to the plate.
This Tudor-style house sits in 107 acres of gardens and woodland on the northern bank of the North Teign River in Dartmoor National Park. Guests are able to expend some energy on the croquet lawns, Peter Alliss designed 18-hole putting green or grass tennis court. A walk through the bluebell woods in the grounds in spring is quite magical and meandering through the kitchen garden, resisting the temptation to eat the produce then and there, is a tantalising way to while away an afternoon.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||from £310.00 to £500.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Loft Suite||from £550.00 to £670.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Pavillion||from £650.00 to £770.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Spa Suite||£1,175.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Additional meal details
- Cater for vegetarians
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Children of all ages are welcome in the hotel but we kindly request that only children aged 8 and over are permitted in the restaurant.
- 24 hr return laundry service
- Available for wedding receptions
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem)
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for alcohol
- Licenced for civil marriages
- Open All Year
- Pets accepted - In bedrooms only.
- Real log/coal fires
- Separate guests' lounge
- Wedding Venue
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Country house
- In countryside
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- French spoken
- German spoken
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking
- Sauna - Within one of the bedrooms
- Spa bath - Within one of the bedrooms
- Tennis court
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- American Express accepted
- Diners Club accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Modem point in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- Christmas/New Year Programme
- Honeymoon Breaks
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Pets (Proprietors) on premises
- Special provisions for walkers
Travel & Trade
- Packed lunches available
Map & Directions
On the A30 West, 15 miles west of Exeter, turn left onto the A382 (signposted Moretonhampstead) and then follow signs to Chagford. Do not go to Gidleigh.
In Chagford Square, with the Spar shop directly in front of you, turn right. After 150 yards, take the right fork and go downhill to Factory Crossroads. Go straight into Holy Street and follow the lane for one and a half miles to the end.
Public Transport Directions
Gidleigh Park is a 30-40 minute drive from Exeter St David's train station. You will require a taxi from the train station, which we recommend you organise in advance. Please contact our Reception team who will be happy to advise.
- 5 AA Red Stars
- Visit England Gold 2012
- Visit England Breakfast 2012
- Visit England Enjoy England - Awards for Excellence - Gold 2010
- Group Establishments Relaix & Chateaux 2010
- AA Awards AA Notable Wine List 2019
- TripAdvisor Awards Trip Advisor Travellers Choice Award 2019 2019
|Open New Year|
|Gidleigh Park (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|