- Arrival Date:
- 20th March 2019
- Departure Date:
- 21st March 2019
- No. of Nights:
AboutRelax in the warm and friendly atmosphere of our lovely 14thC former wool mill, set in over an acre of gardens, on the edge of Dartmoor National Park. We have seven delightful en suite rooms, with one (our twin room) on the ground floor. All rooms are equipped with tea/coffee-making facilities, central heating, hair dryer and digital alarm clock radio. Breakfast is prepared using fresh local ingredients where possible. We are licensed to serve alcoholic drinks and keep a good range of wines and beers in stock. We enjoy ample, free, parking on site. We are 1 mile from the ancient Stannary town of Ashburton with its slate hung buildings, antique shops and book shops. We are an ideal base for exploring south Devon, with its many National Trust properties, pretty villages, coastal towns, and, of course, Dartmoor itself.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Single (En-Suite)||£65.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family Room||from £89.00 to £109.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Double en suite||from £75.00 to £85.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin en suite||from £75.00 to £85.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - NO MINIMUM AGE (but please let us know what facilities you may need)
- Facilities for children
- Food/bottle warming available
- Broadband Internet Access
- Central heating throughout
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for alcohol
- Separate guests' lounge - with FreeView TV
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Country house
- In countryside
- Non smoking establishment - Yes, smoking outside only please.
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Grade II Listed 14th Century former Wool Mill.
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- Accept Bank Transfers, Internet Payment or SWIFT/IBAN
- Cash & Cheque only
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted - CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS POSSIBLE VIA ONLINE BOOKING FACILITY ONLY
Room / Unit Features
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Modem point in all bedrooms - WI FI Available (Free)
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
Map & Directions
Heading South on the A38 from Exeter towards Plymouth.
Take the 2nd exit signposted to Ashburton (the Peartree Junction exit) and turn right to cross A38.
Take the 1st left in front of the Shell Garage towards Totnes/Buckfastleigh.
Gages Mill is 1st property on left, 400m down road. We have a sign by the entrance on the side of the road.
Public Transport Directions
From Newton Abbot - 7 miles Taxi rank outside station (approximately £18). Bus from Newton Abbot station- about a mile from the train. Service stops at around 6.00 pm.
- 4 AA Stars Guest Accommodation
|Gages Mill (1 Mar 2019 - 31 Oct 2019)|