This accommodation does not have any available rooms
Appledore Touring Park an award winning 5 Star Visit England park in peaceful surroundings, personally supervised by Tim and Rebecca Webb whose ambition is to help make your stay enjoyable and carefree.
The park covers 8 acres and has 40 pitches with wonderful views of the Devon countryside and our surrounding farmland; these have been landscaped to give level pitches. We have hard standing or grass pitches with 16 amp electric hook ups, drinking water at each bollard. A separate area is available for tents.
Our facilities include under floor heated toilet and shower block with private cubicles and a dedicated disabled area. There is a dishwashing and vegetable preparation area, tourist information point, Wi Fi and digital TV reception is good. Opportunities to recycle, as well as the usual waste points, are centrally located for your convenience.
Well behaved dogs, a maximum of 3 per pitch, with responsible owners are welcomed.
The park has has been awarded a Silver in the Visit Devon Tourism Awards 2017, and Bronze in the South West Tourism Excellence Awards 2017/2018.
We have already planted over 4,500 trees and hedge plants and are hoping to plants more.
Wildlife enthusiasts will be thrilled by the plethora of birds and animals that frequent the area. A herd of deer is regularly seen grazing in the adjacent field.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Bell Tent||£72.00 per room (room only)|
|Caravan Pitch||£14.00 per pitch (2 people)|
|Green Campers (with no vehicle)||£7.00 per person per night|
|Touring Pitch||from £17.00 to £24.00 per pitch (2 people)|
*Advance booking is advisable to reserve a pitch for WEEKENDS and SCHOOL HOLIDAYS.
Minimum nights stay restrictions apply at certain times, please check when you are booking.
Dog friendly - up to 3 dogs stay free of charge. Additional pup tent £3.00
Additional vehicle - £3.00 each
- Free Wi-Fi available
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Local Produce English Breakfast
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Accept children all ages
- 24 hr return laundry service
- Broadband Internet Access
- Central heating throughout
- Chemical disposal point
- Countryside Location
- Dedicated motor vehicle waste disposal point
- Dogs Accepted
- Drinking water supply
- Electric hook-up points
- Electric shaver point
- Event venue
- Family Friendly
- Free car parking
- Latest arrival time (24 hr clock) - Late arrivals area after 22.00
- Open All Year
- Overnight holding area
- Pets accepted
- Public telephone
- Total number of touring pitches - 40
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- In countryside
- Midweek breaks
- Weekend breaks
- Access to golf course - Locally within 10 miles
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking - Locally within 5 miles
- Cycle hire - Locally within 5 miles
- Fishing - Locally within 5 miles
- Wet Room Available
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- Accept Bank Transfers, Internet Payment or SWIFT/IBAN
- All major credit cards accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Electric shaver point
- Free Wi-Fi
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Mobile Phone Reception
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Special provisions for walkers
Travel & Trade
- Min group size numeric qualifier - 5 pitches with a 10% discount
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
Public Transport Directions
Appledore Park is 2 miles east of Okehampton on the B3125.Sat-Nav systems may guide you through lanes unsuitable for caravans; so follow the directions below for the best towing route.Directions from the A30 West Bound.Exit the A30 at Whiddon Down. Head south follow signs for North Tawton. After 1 mile turn right, opposite the Post Inn, onto A3124 for Torrington, Winkleigh and North Tawton . In about 5 miles give way at De Bathe crossroads, turn left onto A3072. Continue on this road without turning off, the road becomes the B3215. We are situated about 4 miles on the right, opposite a lay-by.Directions from the A30 East Bound.Exit the A30 at the second Okehampton turning. Turn left onto the B3260. Continue on this road, your Satnav may tell you to turn off, please ignore, these are the narrow lanes. At the police station, turn right at the traffic lights. At the mini roundabout take the second exit, onto the B3215 to North Tawton & Crediton. Continue on this road, we are situated about 2 miles on the left, opposite a layby.
- 5 Visit England Stars
- Regional and Miscellaneous Loo of the Year 2018
- Devon Tourism Visit Devon Awards - Silver - 2019 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous South West Tourism Excellence Awards 2017/18 - Bronze 2018
|Open New Year|
|Appledore Park (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* 13th January to the 28th February we can accommodate with very limited facilities.