The Globe Inn started life in the 16th century as a coaching Inn. It has remained an Inn of some description from the very beginning, always playing a large part in the life of both visitors and the local community of Chagford. It is no different today except it is warmer, cosier and the plumbing is a lot better.
We still serve the community and visitors alike by providing a warm welcome, good home cooked food including a full vegetarian menu, two very well stocked bars serving Local real ales and ciders (we have the largest choice of single malt whisky’s in the town) plus seven of the best en-suite rooms in the area. There is free high speed WiFi throughout the building. The Globe is also the hub for many of the events which happen in the town or for events which Mary and Graham themselves arrange throughout the year to help keep Chagford interesting and vibrant.
With a choice of independent shops, galleries, places to eat and drink and above all Chagford’s stunning location right in the heart of Dartmoor National Park. All this gives you a clue as to how Chagford came to be voted by The Times On Sunday readers as the best rural place to live in England.
The Globe Inn provides a fabulous home from home base for your holiday on Dartmoor or a wonderful short stay break on your way to Cornwall.
- Free Wi-Fi available
- Bar - Local real ales and West Country ciders large selection of single malt whisky.
- Cater for vegetarians - We have a full Vegetarian menu.
- Serve breakfast - For residents only
- Serve evening meal - Evening service seven days a week from 6 to 9pm
- Serve lunch - Lunchtime service from noon to 2.30pm
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Accept children all ages
- Cot - A cot can be provided at a cost of £5 per night.
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem)
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities - Our function room is avaialble with full HD overhead projection and high speed WiFi for up to 22 delegates dependant of table arrangement
- Event venue - Our function room is available to hire for private parties up to 35. There is a bar available and buffets can be provided if desired.
- Family Friendly
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for alcohol
- Open All Year
- Pets accepted - Only in the Classic Room, there is a £10 per night charge for pets. Please bring the pets bed with you.
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Real log/coal fires - Log fires in the farmers bar and lounge bar.
- Regular evening entertainment - Regular monthly events include The Globe Jazz Club (1st Sunday of the month) Poetry Open Mic (1st Wednesday of the month) Music Open Mic (last Wednesday of the month)
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- In town/city centre - Situated opposite St Michaels Church in the heart of Chagford
- Inn - The globe is former coaching Inn.
- Non smoking establishment
- Village Location
Parking & Transport
- Off site parking - The village car park is 50 metres away. Pass the The Globe and immediately take the left fork and the car park is 20 meteres on your right. The charge is £2.70 for all day parking
- All major credit cards accepted
- American Express accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Central Heating
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Colour Television in all units
- Free Wi-Fi
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Non smoking rooms available
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- TV in all bedrooms
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings - Our function room is avaialble with full HD overhead projection and high speed WiFi for up to 22 delegates dependant of table arrangement
Travel & Trade
- Packed lunches available
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
Travelling by car to The Globe Inn
Take the A30 and exit at Whiddon Down on to the A382 sign posted Moretonhampstead, Chagford (from the east approx 17 miles from M5 exit at Exeter, from the west approx 23 miles from Launceston), go past the Travelodge services on your right and continue to the mini roundabout.
Take the first exit and continue on the A382 for 3.4 miles to Easton Cross crossroads, turn right on to the B3206, signposted Chagford.
Follow 1.5 miles into the town square. At the T junction turn left and the Globe Inn is 50 metres up the road on your right directly opposite the church.
Fork left just past the Inn, past the Jubilee hall and you will see the entrance to the town car park on your right. Parking fees are £2.70 per day.
There is street parking with a 2 hour restriction so you can park free from 3pm to 11am the following morning.
|Open New Year|
|The Globe Inn (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Opening times;
Monday to Saturday 11am to 11pm
Sunday noon to 11pm