AboutThe Edgemoor Hotel a family-owned, dog friendly country house hotel located on the boundary of the Dartmoor National Park, South Devon. Built in the 1870s, and once Bovey Tracey Grammar School.
The hotel has since undergone substantial tasteful renovation and now features a mixture of both traditional and contemporary style interiors. Each one of our 17 rooms is full of heart-warming character, with space to unwind and enjoy quiet comforts like luxurious bedding, en-suite, and a place to curl up with a book.
Don't forget your slippers!
Enjoy the delights of a Devon cream tea in our Old School Tea Rooms or dine in cosy ambiance either in our dining room or bar. We offer a plentiful menu of fresh, local seasonal dishes, and one of the most extensive wine lists in the region.
The picturesque and intimate setting of The Edgemoor is the perfect spot for a fabulous civil ceremony and celebration. Talk to Simon, our wedding coordinator, about a tailored wedding to suit your tastes and budget.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Room service
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- 24 hr return laundry service
- Accept coach parties
- Available for wedding receptions
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem) - Conference rooms and 2 syndicate rooms.
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Ironing Facilities
- Licenced for alcohol
- Licenced for civil marriages
- Open All Year
- Pets accepted - Woodland wing.
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Public telephone
- Real log/coal fires
- Separate guests' lounge
- Wedding Venue
- Country house
- In countryside
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Originally built as Bovey Tracey Grammar school
- Access to golf course - Nearby
- Cycle hire
- Other sporting facilities - Shooting, riding and falconry by arrangement.
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- All major credit cards accepted
- Cash & Cheque accepted
- Delta accepted
- Diners Club accepted
- JCB accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Digital TV
- Electric shaver point
- Four poster beds available
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Ironing Facilities
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- TV in all bedrooms
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Marketed to any other specialist market - Specialise in food and wine breaks.
- Special provisions for cyclists - Location
- Special provisions for lone female travellers - Care, attention and placement in restaurant.
- Special provisions for walkers - Location
Travel & Trade
- Packed lunches available
- Wi-fi available
- Catering available in house
- Champagne breakfast available
- Choice of marriage rooms
- Dedicated wedding planner
- Four poster honeymoon suite
- Garden/grounds available for photography
- Marriage / Reception Room decoration
- Master of ceremonies available
- Overnight accommodation available
- Special rates for small/midweek weddings
Map & Directions
Continue south off the M5 onto the A38 towards Plymouth; take the Bovey Tracey exit; going over the top of the A38 and follow the signs to Bovey Tracey; go past Heathfield industrial estate on your right and over the first roundabout; at the second roundabout, take the first left towards Haytor; approximately half a mile on; fork left towards Haytor and you will find The Edgemoor approximately half a mile further on the right-hand side.
|Open New Year|
|Edgemoor Hotel Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|