The Bedford Hotel takes pride of place in the heart of the beautiful Devon market town of Tavistock. This historic hotel offers a warm welcome to non-residents, as well as those staying, and offers fine food and drinks all day every day. Head Chef Raoul Ketelaars and his team take pride in preparing beautifully-presented dishes using the finest seasonal Devon produce, much of it sourced from local suppliers in Tavistock.
The Bar and Lounge areas provide a comfortable and relaxed environment for morning coffee, light lunches, afternoon teas and evening meals. There is a well-stocked bar with a good choice of ales from the hotel’s own Dartmoor Brewery, plus local ciders, quality lagers, a well thought out wine list and an excellent range of soft drinks.
As the birthplace of the Devon Cream Tea, it comes as no surprise that The Bedford offers an exquisite afternoon tea menu, with home-made scones, dainty sandwiches and a tempting range of freshly baked cakes.
The historic wood-panelled Woburn Restaurant, with pretty views over the church and Bedford Square, serves breakfast, lunch and evening meals. As the light fades and the candles are lit, the Woburn Restaurant provides a beautiful backdrop to the comprehensive evening menu – everything from a simple one-course supper to an indulgent three course dinner.
Dining at The Bedford Hotel is surprisingly affordable, with tapas-style light bites from £4.50, starters from £6.50 and main courses from £11.50.
You’ll find The Bedford Hotel in the centre of town, just across from the main Bedford Square, and there’s plenty of free parking.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve afternoon tea - 14:30-17:00
- Serve breakfast - 0730-0930 Mon-Fri 0800-0930 Sat/Sun
- Serve evening meal - 18:00-21:00
- Serve lunch - 12:00-14:30
- Available for wedding receptions
- Conference facilities
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Open All Year
- In town/city centre
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - 40 spaces
- All major credit cards accepted
Map & Directions
From A386 Situated in the centre of Tavistock, off the main square.
- 3 AA
- Regional and Miscellaneous Cask Marque Award 2011
- Taste of the West Awards Taste of the West - Silver 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous London Stock Exchange Group – 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain 2017 2017
|Open New Year|
|Season (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|