This accommodation does not have any available rooms
Thorn Cottage is a traditional moorland cottage, approximately 200 years old and completely refurbished in 2010 to offer high quality accommodation.
It is an ideal base for those seeking a peaceful break away from the pressures of everyday living. We offer extensive views of Dartmoor, looking to High Willhays and Yes Tor, for those keen on walking in the National Park.
Sally has created a large garden over the last 30 years adjacent to the cottage which you are invited to enjoy and share with those guests staying at The Smithy.
The accommodation comprises an open plan living room/kitchen where breakfast is served in the morning; a comfortable lounge area with TV and DVD for relaxing, with a woodburner in winter; double bedroom with basin and en suite toilet on first floor; use of own shower room and second toilet on ground floor.
The facilities include dressing gowns provided; TV, radio, hairdryer and tea making facility in bedroom; travel cot and booster seat available; second 'landing' double bedroom available, (NB Only suitable for same family/alternative sleeping); full English Breakfast prepared by Sally, available between 7 - 9.30am; secure Cycle storage available; parking adjacent to cottage.
We welcome 1 pet in the B&B at Thorn Cottage.
Thorn Cottage is 2 miles from the nearest A road, so be prepared to enjoy the quiet peace and tranquillity of the countryside.
Dartmoor is one of the few areas in the UK where you can observe the stars and constellations in the almost complete absence of light pollution.
NOTE: Thorn Cottage can be booked together with The Smithy, to provide extra accommodation.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double Room||£40.00 per person (breakfast included)|
|Double (En-Suite)||£40.00 per person (breakfast included)|
*Single occupancy is £50 per night.
Children 3-16 yrs, 50% adult rate.
Babies - 2yrs
£80 for a double room x 2 persons. £50 for a single person.
Thorn Cottage can be booked together with The Smithy, to provide extra accommodation.
- Film or TV location - Remains of the Day and Warhorse locations nearby.
- In countryside - Surrounded by farmland, woodland and open moor.
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Site rich in Industrial archaeology.
- Village Location - One mile from centre of village.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Minimum age 12 months.
- Accept children all ages
- Children's videos/DVDs available
- Cot - Travel cot available.
- Food/bottle warming available
- Highchair - Booster seat available
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - One parking space adjacent to cottage. Further parking available.
- Water sports facilities - At Roadford Reservoir (S W Lakes Trust)
- Cater for vegetarians
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Serve breakfast
- Serves Local Food
- Accept Bank Transfers, Internet Payment or SWIFT/IBAN
- Cash & Cheque only
Room / Unit Features
- CD Player in all bedrooms
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Digital TV
- DVD Player in all bedrooms
- Electric shaver point
- Free View TV
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Broadband Internet Access
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities - Available on request. Use of washing machine available on request (small charge).
- Open All Year
- Real log/coal fires
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Special provisions for cyclists - Secure cycle storage available on request
- Special provisions for walkers - Drying space for boots, coats, etc. Maps available
Map & Directions
Leave M5, J31.Take A30 signposted(SP) Okehampton & Launceston.Leave A30 to join A386,(SP Tavistock). Proceed until you reach Lydford. (Dartmoor Inn Restaurant LHS) Turn RIGHT here ( SP Lydford & Brentor 5 miles).Go through Lydford and past BOTH entrances of National Trust property Lydford Gorge. After 2 miles turn LEFT (SP North Brentor). A few hundred metres, at a sharp right hand bend, turn LEFT (SP Burn Lane).Go past a thatched cottage on the RHS (Burn Lane Cottage) and then past The Linhay. The next property is our own. Pull into the parking space adjacent to Thorn Cottage (cream & green, and a statue in the wall!)
|Thorn Cottage (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|