This accommodation does not have any available rooms
90 acres of parkland adjacent to River Dart on the edge of Dartmoor. Generous size pitches. Extensive playgrounds for children big & small. Instructor lead activities including high ropes and water zorbs (extra cost). Onsite shop and licensed café bar. Looking for the perfect campsite in Devon?
Look no further...
What better way to experience the beauty of Devon and Dartmoor than to pitch a tent and set up camp at our award winning campsite on the edge of the River Dart. Rated 4 pennants this is the perfect base for a camping holiday to explore Devon and Cornwall.
We offer everything that camping in the great outdoors is all about: nights under canvas, open air cooking and perhaps even a little star gazing!
Camping pitches and facilities
Set within mature parkland and bordered by woodland, our campsite has generous, neat and individually marked and numbered pitches. We have a Campsite Shop which stocks everyday items from newspapers to groceries, meat for the BBQ as well as emergency camping equipment from torches to toothbrushes! Our three well maintained toilet blocks have free hot showers, washing up facilities, disabled facilities and coin operated laundry rooms.
Guests staying at the Park have free access to our award winning day visitor attraction - River Dart Adventures! Dare Devils not included. Located all around the Park and just waiting to be discovered, there's an adventure around every corner!
•Commando Assault course (for big and little children!)
•Toddlers Playground (Lilliput)
•Wooden play fort
•Low ropes course
•And much much more...
There is an adventure around every corner!
Want to see more take a look at our video about the Park below.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Pitch with electric||from £19.50 to £35.50 per pitch (2 people)|
|Pitch without electric||from £15.50 to £19.50 per pitch (2 people)|
*Pitch includes two people, FREE entry to our extensive adventure playgrounds – our onsite award winning day visitor attraction. (Dare Devils not included)
- River Dart Country Park
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Food shop
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Accept children all ages
- Children's play area - Extensive adventure playgrounds.
- Facilities for children - Cots availiable, Highchairs available, Outdoor play area
- Calor/Camping Gaz purchase/exchange service
- Chemical disposal point
- Countryside Location
- Dedicated motor vehicle waste disposal point
- Dogs Accepted
- Drinking water supply
- Electric hook-up points
- Electric shaver point
- Family Friendly
- Ironing Facilities
- Latest arrival time (24 hr clock) - 22:00
- Licenced for alcohol
- Pets accepted
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Public telephone
- Public toilets
- Total number of touring pitches - 185
- Wedding Venue
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- In countryside
- Midweek breaks - Low and Mid season special offers available
- Weekend breaks
- Cycle hire
- Games Room
- Tennis court
- Water sports facilities - Canoeing, zorbs (seasonal restrictions)
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - 200 Uncovered
- All major credit cards accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- Activity breaks
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
Within the Dartmoor National Park, yet only one mile from the A38 between Exeter and Plymouth near Ashburton, we are easy to find and conveniently located. Follow the brown tourist signs to the River Dart Country Park from the Peartree Junction on the A38 by Ashburton. Peartree junction is the second Ashburton junction when travelling from Exeter direction. Do not come off at the Linhay junction which takes you through the narrow streets of Ashburton - not ideal when towing a caravan!
- 4 AA Pennants Holiday Park
- TripAdvisor Awards TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2013
- South West Tourism South West Tourism Excellence Awards - Silver 2013
- Regional and Miscellaneous Food Hygiene Rating - 5 2013
- Regional and Miscellaneous Herald Express Tourism & Hospitality Awards 2013 Sustainable Tourism 2013
- Regional and Miscellaneous Herald Express Tourism & Hospitality 2017
|River Dart Camping & Caravan & Country Park (30 Mar 2018 - 29 Sept 2018)|
* B&B accommodation is available during the school holidays please telephone for details