This accommodation does not have any available rooms
Curl up & unwind in a little corner of beautiful Dartmoor. Lurcombe Farm, a gorgeous spot right in the heart of the English countryside and with easy access to moor and coast. Two self-catering properties are located onsite.
This is FARMhouse style. A beautiful cosy barn conversion (The Granary Barn) and a romantic cosy cottage (The Mill Cottage) with plenty of romance, relaxation & rustic charm. Set on a working farm, the accommodation is set within 45 acres of English countryside. Cottage & barn guests have complimentary use of the tennis court, orchard, and fishing lake, and with free WIFI, stays include a bottle of wine, fresh farm eggs and milk. The Mill Cottage is located on the ground floor, with the barn accessed by wide Dartmoor granite steps (the barn is unsuitable for those with access difficulties, however the mill cottage is on the ground and all on the level).
“So cozy, homely & relaxing…the best night sleep ever, we will definitely be back…”
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|The Granary Barn||from £43.40 to £60.00 per person per night|
|The Granary Barn||from £218.00 to £610.40 per unit per week|
|The Mill Cottage||from £43.40 to £60.00 per person per night|
|The Mill Cottage||from £218.00 to £610.40 per unit per week|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Free Wi-Fi available
- Picinic Area
- Farm - We are a small working farm.
- In countryside - We are nestled on the southern edge of Dartmoor, near to Haytor
- Midweek breaks - Are available, please ask
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Our properties feature in “The Book of Bickington” and are dated from 1600
- Village Location - We are ½ mile from the village of Bickington and 1 mile from Ilsington
- Weekend breaks - Please ask or see our website
- Facilities for the Disabled
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Infants under 12 months, by prior arrangement
- Cot - Travel cot available
- Unsuitable for Children
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - 1 Car Parking space is provided, additional spaces by arrangement
- On site parking - Parking is located directly next to the Apartments
- Access to golf course - Golf Courses are nearby and we are happy to arrange Tee Times for you or put you in touch direct
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking - This can be arranged through Shilstone Rocks Stud, Widecombe, please ask...
- Cycle hire
- Fishing - We have a Pond stocked with 500 Carp and Trout, Fishing by arrangement
- Gym - These are available nearby. We are happy to make arrangements for you
- Health/Fitness/ Beauty Facilities - These are available nearby. We are happy to make arrangements for you
- Indoor pool - Off Site
- Sauna - Off Site
- Tennis court - A Tennis Court is available please Ask
- Wet Room Available
- Restaurant - We have a sister restaurant called Home Farm Café, set in the nearby town of Bovey Tracey.
- Accept Bank Transfers, Internet Payment or SWIFT/IBAN
- All major credit cards accepted
- Daily rates available - Additional Days are available by prior arrangement
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- CD Player
- Central Heating
- Colour Television in all units
- Colour TV
- Drying Facilities
- DVD Player
- Electric shaver point
- Free View TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ground Floor Accommodation
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available - The Mill Cottage is located on the ground floor and is suitable for those with access difficulties
- Ironing Facilities
- Microwave in all units
- Oven / Cooker
- Washing Machine
- Broadband Internet Access
- Countryside Location
- Electricity inc in rate
- Free car parking
- Garden/patio for guests' use - Yes, we have several outside areas available
- Gas inc in rate
- Linen available free of charge
- Linen provided
- Near coastal path
- On-site parking or valet parking
- Open All Year
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Short breaks available
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Christmas/New Year Programme
- Honeymoon Breaks
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly - Yes, we do all we can to reduce our environmental impact, please ask us
- Marketed to any other specialist market - We are able to incorporate Horse Riding including DIY Livery & also private fishing
- Mobile Phone Reception
- Pets (Proprietors) on premises
- Special provisions for cyclists - We have secure Bike storage, air compressor and a workshop for maintenance
- Special provisions for walkers - We offer a separate drying area
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Room / Unit Features: The Granary Barn
- Barbecue - BBQ Facilities can be provided please ask.
- CD Player - The TV plays DVD’s/CD’s/iPod/Mp3 & Radio
- Central Heating - Oil fired Heating is provided
- Colour Television
- Dishwasher - Dishwasher and tablets are provided
- Drying Facilities - there is a dryer and space for drying
- DVD Player - We also have a library of DVD’s
- Freezer - A small ‘icebox’ is provided in the Granary fridge, please ask for Ice
- Ironing Facilities
- Non smoking units - All our units are non-smoking
- Size in square meters - 55
- Telephone - Most mobile networks work at Lurcombe 02 and Orange are the best. Telephone is available for Emergencies.
- Washing Machine - There are shared washing and Drying facilities
Map & Directions
Why is Lurcombe such a great location?
We are set in the village of Bickington, on the edge of the Moor, which is only a few minutes drive from the A38 Devon Expressway. Perfect for Moor and Coast.
Lurcombe is nestled into a secret valley on a working farm – and feels like far enough away….but close enough to….We have no light pollution and oodles of wildlife
We are only 10 minutes from Newton Abbot, Ashburton and 25 minutes from Exeter, 30 minutes from Plymouth.
We are located in a great location, only 3 miles from Haytor and the iconic Tors of Dartmoor
The nearest train station is Newton Abbot, the nearest airport Exeter
Public Transport Directions
The nearest rail station(direct service from Paddington/Birmingham/Bristol) is Newton Abbot. There are buses from Newton Abbot/ Exeter & Plymouth on a regular basis and we are less than a mile from the stop.
- 5 AA Stars Self Catering
- Awaiting Grading Self Catering
|Open New Year|
|Season (1 Jan 2011 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* We are open all year, to make an enquiry please e-mail us, we’d be happy to help...