This accommodation does not have any available rooms
Acorn Lodge is Bed and Breakfast with a difference. It is separate accommodation from the main house, so having the freedom of your own front door means that you can come and go as you please making it feel more like a holiday home but with breakfast included, if required, It offers a perfect home away from home experience for you, your family or friends. The accommodation sleeps from 1 to 4 people and is only ever booked to one party of family or friends so that you will always have the lodge completely to yourselves. The accommodation consists of an open plan lounge, kitchen area and a dining table and 4 chairs, then continues through double doors to a shower room, one king size bed room and one twin bed room.
Luxury white cotton bedding, fluffy towels, soaps, toiletries and hair dryers are provided, and for the cooler evenings there is full central heating in all rooms with an additional fire in the lounge, if required.
The lounge is equipped with a flat screen TV/DVD, RADIO/CD player, books, games, puzzles and comfy sofas, there is free WIFI available during your stay should you need to plan your activities during your holiday or catch up on your emails. The kitchen includes a fridge, microwave oven, fan oven, sandwich toaster, toaster, kettle, range of crockery, glasses and cutlery, and a selection of coffees, teas and sugar with fresh milk provided in the fridge.
Full Devonshire Breakfast, if required, is served daily in the main house Conservatory with fantastic views over the garden and across the valley to Brentor church in the distance. The traditional Full Devonshire Breakfast and other options are cooked using locally sourced meats and free range eggs or, if you prefer, a Continental style breakfast is also available.
There are many quaint country pubs in the vicinity serving excellent food and Tavistock Market Town is just 3 miles away with it's wealth of shops, cafes and restaurants.
Dogs are very welcome but we do not allow dogs or other pets inside Acorn Lodge or The Oaks. You may keep your pets, if you wish, in your car at night which will be parked next to Acorn Lodge or there is an excellent Boarding Kennels locally, should you wish to keep your beloved dogs there during the day or overnight. Please ask for details when booking.
Children of all ages are very welcome.
Guests have use of a secure enclosed garden area with a "Beach Hut" Summerhouse and a table and chairs.
There is secure bicycle storage for guests bringing or hiring bicycles.
Ideal for conferences and group meetings with all facilities available within the Acorn Lodge.
Both Acorn Lodge and The Oaks are non-smoking areas.
Acorn Lodge is available for 1,2,3 or 4 people with a Devonshire Cream Tea on arrival for all guests and special treats for Honeymoon couples.
Also available are daily Digital Photography Tuition / Wildlife and Dartmoor Bird Photography Workshops. You can either stay locally or if you choose to stay in Acorn Lodge you will receive a discounted tuition rate. Please go to www.robinstanbridgephotography.co.uk for full details.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|King size bed room||£40.00 per person (breakfast included)|
|Twin room||£40.00 per person (breakfast included)|
*PRICES FROM £40 PPPN (INCLUDING BREAKFAST)
OPEN ALL YEAR
FOR 2, 3 OR 4 PEOPLE
1 night is £49 per person
2 to 6 nights are £44 per person per night
7 or more nights are £42 per person per night
SINGLE OCCUPANCY OF THE LODGE (KING SIZE BED OR 1 TWIN BED)
1 night is £59.
2 to 6 nights are £54 per night.
7 or more nights are £52 per night.
SPECIAL WEEKEND DEALS FOR 2, 3 OR 4 PEOPLE
Friday to Sunday, 3 night stays are at a special price of £120 per person. (£40 per night per person)
Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday, 2 night stays are at a special price of £84 per person. (£42 per night per person)
2 PEOPLE IN SEPARATE ROOMS (KING SIZE BED AND 1 TWIN BED)
1 night is £52 per person.
2 to 6 nights are £50 per person per night.
7 or more nights are £48 per person per night.
THINKING OF USING ACORN LODGE AS A CONFERENCE OR MEETING FACILITY for Company or Group use, please contact for prices and details.
- Free Wi-Fi available
- Picinic Area
- Country house - Very quiet location with no neighbours. Set in the countryside with fantastic views. Minutes walk from the moor.
- Groups Welcomed
- In countryside
- Non smoking establishment
- Travelling Through
- Village Location - On the outskirts of Peter Tavy which has a fantastic public house the Peter Tavy Inn serving excellent home cooked food.
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Children's play area - Secure enclosed grassed garden area with "Beach Hut" Summerhouse with table and chairs.
- Children's videos/DVDs available - children's DVDs available
- Facilities for children - Secure enclosed grassed garden area.
- Food/bottle warming available
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Cars can be parked in the driveway directly next to the lodge. Horse boxes can be parked in the paddock or drive depending on the size.
- On site parking - We can also accommodate horse boxes in the paddock.
- Access to golf course - Tavistock and Yelverton Golf courses nearby.
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking - Riding stables nearby offering horse riding on the moor.
- Cycle hire - Several cycle hire shops nearby.
- Games Room - Numerous games and puzzles within the lodge.
- Swimming pool - Two public pools nearby.
- Water sports facilities - Canoeing on the river available nearby.
- Additional meal details - Packed lunches available on request.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Serve breakfast
- Serves Local Food
- Accept Bank Transfers, Internet Payment or SWIFT/IBAN
- Cash & Cheque accepted
- Special group rates - Discounts for 2 or more guests. Also discounts for longer stays and weekends.
Room / Unit Features
- Central Heating
- Colour television in all bedrooms - In Acorn Lodge lounge.
- Colour Television in all units
- Digital TV
- DVD Player in all bedrooms - In Acorn Lodge lounge.
- Electric shaver point
- Free View TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Microwave in all units
- Non smoking rooms available
- Non smoking rooms available - The whole lodge is a non smoking area.
- Radio in all bedrooms - Radio/CD player available in the lounge area.
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms - A selection of teas and coffees are available in the Acorn Lodge kitchen area, also fresh milk is provided in the fridge daily.
- 24 hr return laundry service - Happy to do washing for guests whilst they are staying.
- Central heating throughout - Heated towel rail in shower room. Radiators in lounge area and bedrooms. Additional wall mounted fire in lounge area.
- Conference facilities - Lounge area suitable for small conferences. Toilet within shower room. Tea/coffee making and snack making facilities in kitchen.
- Countryside Location
- Exclusive Use
- Family Friendly
- Free car parking
- Garden/patio for guests' use - A Secure enclosed grassed garden area with a "Beach Hut" Summerhouse with table and chairs
- On-site parking or valet parking
- Open All Year
- Pets accepted
- Pets accepted - Pets can be kept in the car which is parked next to Acorn Lodge, or there is a kennels locally where you can leave your dogs during the day or at night.
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Separate guests' lounge - Own lounge within Acorn Lodge
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings - All in the lodge there are sleeping facilities for 4 people, the lounge/dining area which is suitable for private meetings and conferences. There is also tea and coffee making facilities in the kitchen area and toilet facilities in the shower room. There will not be any interruptions and people can come and go as they please.
- Christmas/New Year Programme
- Honeymoon Breaks
- Marketed to any other specialist market - Digital Photography Workshops available for more details go to www.robinstanbridgephotography.co.uk. or telephone 01822 810485. Grazing and a stable available for people wishing to bring their own horses to ride out on the moor.
- Mobile Phone Reception
- Special provisions for cyclists - Secure cycle storage for guests.
- Special provisions for lone female travellers - Single occupancy of Acorn Lodge is totally private.
- Special provisions for walkers - Packed lunches available on request. Early breakfasts can be arranged. Local/OS maps and binoculars available to borrow in Acorn Lodge.
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Packed lunches available
- Room/unit allocations available
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
From London take the M4 towards Bristol. At junction 20 turn South on the M5 towards Exeter. At junction 31 take the A30 turning towards Okehampton. Take the A386 exit towards Tavistock. Follow the A386 for about 10 miles, passing through Mary Tavy, until you see a turning on your left for Peter Tavy. We are not in the main village so, take the second right at Langsford Farm then take the first left. Continue up the hill until you reach a triangular junction. Directly opposite and slightly to your left is Acorn Lodge – The Oaks. Please drive into the drive and park on the left in the curved parking space and someone will be with you. PL19 9JR in a sat nav will bring you straight to the drive. Please be aware that the mobile phone signal is a bit patchy so please bring these directions with you.
|Open New Year|
* Prices listed stay the same even through School Holidays and Bank Holidays.