AboutRiverside Mill houses the largest contemporary crafts venue in the South West, with galleries, craft shop and popular café with terrace views. Entry is free. The shop displays a wide variety of hand-made crafts including ceramics, jewellery, textiles, furniture, prints and woodwork by its 240 local Guild Members. The exhibition galleries holds a regularly changing programme featuring exciting work by contemporary designer-makers from all over the UK. As an educational charity, the Guild runs a wide outreach programme teaching crafts in schools, through residencies and workshops. It also offers professional development, mentoring and networking for makers. Membership is open to all South West craft workers.
Open daily, closed Christmas Eve at 3pm, all Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day. (Café closes at 5pm from November to February).
Adjacent public parking. Flat entranceway, one dedicated parking space for disabled badge owners, with lift to first floor café and wide aisles throughout.
- Groups Accepted - call for details.
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Induction loop in new gallery.
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors - Excellent signage/interpretation. Braille and audio guides available.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge)
- On-Site café/restaurant - Licensed cafe serving home-cooked meals, including vegetarian food, cakes, etc, for 80 max indoors, and roof terrace (after Jul 04), daily, 1000-1730.
- American Express accepted
- Approx length of visit - 02:00
- Delta accepted
- JCB accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Open by appointment outside normal opening times
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Educational Visits Accepted
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A38. Two miles off A38 from Exeter to Plymouth. Follow signs for Bovey Tracey, the Riverside Mill is at the centre of the village with adjacent public parking.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest train station is Newton Abbot station. Buses from Newton Abbot bus station run regularly. Regular buses from Exeter and Plymouth go past the Riverside Mill (contact Stagecoach on 01392 439439).
|Devon Guild Open (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|