Tel: 01837 840046
Fax: 01837 840046
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|2 Adults and up to 3 children||£15.00 per ticket|
|Child||£3.00 per ticket|
Adults - minimum group size 15, £4.40 per adult
Children - minimum group size 15, £2.20 per child
AboutSet amidst beautiful Dartmoor countryside in the village of Sticklepath, this last remaining water-powered forge in England, gives an unique insight into village life in the 19th-century. In its heyday the foundry made 400 tools a day including sickles, scythes and shovels for West Country farmers and miners. Demonstrations of the machinery every hour.
Our tearoom overlooks the River Taw and steeply wooded moorland. Enjoy a cream tea in our beautiful garden or have a look in our shop for a special keepsake to take home.
- Groups Accepted - Essential to prebook.
- In countryside
- Village Location
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Ramp/Level Access
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- On-Site café/restaurant - Soup, cakes, local ice cream, hot and cold drinks
- Picnic Site
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Max group size - 20
- Visa accepted
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given - Every hour between 11.15am and 4:15pm
- Educational Visits Accepted - Pre-booking essential
- Guided Tours Available for Groups - Pre-booking essential
Map & Directions
4 miles east of Okehampton off A30. Follow the brown road signs from the A30.
- Regional and Miscellaneous Dartmoor First 2009
|Finch Foundry (14 Mar 2017 - 1 Nov 2017)|
* We are open from 14 March to 1 November, every day 11am -5pm (last admission 30 minutes before closing).
Open 7 days a week from 11.00 - 17.00 last entry 16.30