AboutNordic walking involves walking with specially designed poles (it was developed as an activity to keep cross country skiers fit in the summer season) ....... It doesn't feel like hard work and you will find your self feeling able to walk further for longer whilst still talking!......some of the other benefits are;
- a full body work out using the majority of your muscles, including the upper body
- burning up to 46% more calories than regular walking
- releasing tension in your neck and shoulders
- a general feeling of well being from exercise and being outdoors
- less pressure on your joints
- strengthens back and abdominal muscles
- and makes hills feel like slopes!
If you would like to give Nordic walking a try with a qualified British Nordic Walking Instructor (I am insured and ITC Outdoor First Aid qualified) then come along to one of my 'Nordic Walking trial' sessions and see what you think. Places are limited and will you will need to book and pay in advance, poles will be provided.
Each session will last for one and a half hours and will include time for a 'pole fitting' to make sure you have the right size, warm up and cool down, basic technique for Nordic Walking with poles and of course a walk and all for £12. There is opportunity to stay and have coffee at each venue at the end of each session.