|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|1 adult 3 children (House & Garden)||£14.90 per ticket|
|Adult (House & Garden)||£9.95 per ticket|
|Adult Garden only||£6.45 per ticket|
|Child (House & Garden)||£4.95 per ticket|
|Child Garden only||£3.30 per ticket|
|Family House & Garden||£24.95 per ticket|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
Castle Drogo is situated high above the Teign Gorge. It was designed by Sir Edwin Lutyens for self-made millionaire Julius Drewe. It looks ancient, but this remarkable building was only constructed 100 years ago, the last castle ever built in England. From the beginning it has suffered from water penetration and is now undergoing a 5 year conservation project that will last until 2017 to make it watertight.
Inside you can explore the castle‘s refreshed layout, with rooms redisplayed with installations and precious treasures displayed in new ways.
Outside stroll around the formal gardens or explore the Teign Valley with its ancient gorge, teeming with wildlife.
Or recharge at the café with a traditional Devon cream tea or tuck into a slice of cake.
- Groups Accepted - Essential to prebook.
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Audio
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors - Braille, touch list for the house.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
Parking & Transport
- Parking (free)
- On-Site café/restaurant - Two tearooms (40 covers at each)
- Picnic Site
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Max group size - 43
- Min group size - 15
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
- Dogs Accepted
- Printed Material in Foreign Languages
Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- Dutch printed material
- German printed material
- Spanish printed material
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A30. Five miles from A30 via Crockernwell cars only, or turn off A382 at Sandy Park, all coaches.
- Regional and Miscellaneous Devon Visitor Attraction of the Year - Gold 2010
|Castle Drogo (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|