The Ilsington Country House Hotel’s Restaurant has been held 2 AA rosettes for over 8 years now and Head Chef Mike O’Donnell has presided over the kitchen for 13 years. The Restaurant is a spacious room with dramatic views over Dartmoor and up to Haytor rocks.
Large picture windows ensure that all diners have an excellent aspect on the rolling countryside. The interior of the room is equally spectacular with its domed ceiling and specially commissioned paintings of local scenes on the wall. The contemporary cooking uses predominantly locally sourced ingredients with many items carefully made by the chefs including bread, scones and ice cream, whilst meat and fish are smoked in our own smokehouse. This fine food when enjoyed in elegant and breathtaking surroundings will please even the most discerning of diners. The restaurant is fully air-conditioned.
As a more informal dining option, serving equally fresh and delicious choices, there is our on-site pub ‘The Blue Tiger Inn’ which, with its rustic charm and large sun terrace, is the perfect place to meet friends and family for a bite to eat.
- Baby Changing Facilities
- Booking Advised
- Overnight accommodation available
- Al fresco dining
- In countryside
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- Additional lighting available for guests with visual impairments
- All areas accessible to disabled visitors
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Guide dogs permitted
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet
- Ramp to main entrance
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - All ages. However, must eat from main Restaurant menu in Restaurant.
- Accept children all ages
- Baby changing facilities
- Children's menu - In Blue Tiger Inn.
- Facilities for children
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Cater for vegetarians
- Locally sourced produce
- Outdoor Seating
- Serve afternoon tea
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for
- MasterCard accepted
- Switch accepted
- Visa accepted
- Accept coach parties - Small parties.
- Air-conditioning throughout - In Restaurant.
- Available for wedding receptions
- Booking required
- Conference facilities
- Dogs Accepted
- Exclusive hire of restaurant
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Licenced for civil marriages
- Number of covers - 60.
- Real log/coal fires
- Special provisions for walkers
Travel & Trade
- Commission/net rates apply
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
|Ilsington Country House Hotel (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
* Open from 1200 to 1400 hours and 1830 to 2100 hours daily.
Food in bar (Blue Tiger Inn) available 1200 – 2100 hours - 7 days per week.