This accommodation does not have any available rooms
AboutSituated on beautiful moorland in the Dartmoor National Park, West Blackdown Cottage offers a unique escape in spectacular surroundings. Our traditional 18th Century cottage enjoys panoramic views, direct access to the moor from the front door and unrivalled tranquility.
The cottage lies in three acres of private land and enjoys uninterrupted views of stunning countryside. With a secluded guest garden, spacious yet cosy living spaces and easy access to some of the most exciting landscapes in the UK, West Blackdown Cottage is a perfect base to explore what Dartmoor has to offer.
Nestled on the edge of Brentor Village, we are just six miles from the historic market town of Tavistock and close to a number of excellent pubs and restaurants as well as a variety of local attractions.
We can provide a lift service for a nominal fee to various local restaurants and hostelries if required. Cycle storage and drying facilities are available. We are a non-smoking home and are unable to accept pets.
- Film or TV location - Moor immediately outside house has been used for TV location shoots (Down to Earth).
- In countryside - Direct access to the moor from front door.
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Cot - Travel cot and z-bed available.
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking
- Cater for vegetarians
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Serve breakfast
- Serves Local Food
- Cash & Cheque only
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Digital TV
- DVD Player in all bedrooms
- Electric shaver point
- Free View TV
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Open all year
- Staff fluent in foreign languages ** (List of languages are separately given) - French
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Honeymoon Breaks
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Pets (Proprietors) on premises
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Special provisions for walkers
Travel & Trade
- Packed lunches available
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
From Okehampton take the A386 to Tavistock. At Mary Tavy, take the second road on the right by Downs Coach Garage, signposted to Brentor. Drive for approximately one and half miles and just before the second cattle grid, take the single track road on the right. Go half a mile and West Blackdown Cottage is the first house on the right hand side.
From Tavistock take the A386 to Okehampton. At Mary Tavy, take the second road on the left by Downs Coach Garage, signposted to Brentor. Drive for approximately one and half miles and just before the second cattle grid, take the single track road on the right. Go half a mile and West Blackdown Cottage is the first house on the right hand side.
Public Transport Directions
Trains run to Exeter and Plymouth. However, to reach the property from the nearest towns – Okehampton or Tavistock, take the 118 Beacon bus service which runs through Brentor. Ask the bus driver to drop you at the cattle grid near the Old Station. From the cattle grid, take the single track lane to the right of the Old School House. Walk for approximately half a mile and West Blackdown Cottage is the first house on your right hand side. We can collect you from the bus-stop by prior arrangement. On Sundays a First Western bus service also goes to Brentor.
|West Blackdown Cottage (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|