- Arrival Date:
- 24th March 2017
- Departure Date:
- 25th March 2017
- No. of Nights:
AboutWelcome To The Bedford Hotel - formerly The Dukes of Bedford retreat and now yours!
It sits proudly in the historic market town of Tavistock recently voted market town of the year in Great Britain. Tavistock is the birthplace of Sir Francis Drake and steeped in history just waiting to be explored. A paradise for walkers with Dartmoor National Park just one mile from The Hotel and also beautiful riverside walks directly behind.
A Taste of The West! Our guests are not just offered dinner but a dining experience. Simple; flavoursome & wholesome dishes are created with care & imagination to portray a delightful all round taste of The West.
Herbs are picked daily from our walled garden where Monks used to make their herbal remedies, you can still see the monks tower.
For those of you on a relaxing break, the Bedford Hotel is your ideal base from which to explore, just a few miles away is historic Plymouth. Also nearby is Buckland Abbey, home of Sir Francis Drake, Widecombe-in-the-Moor of 'Uncle Tom Cobley' fame, Becky Falls, Buckfast Abbey, a working Benedictine Monastery, The Garden House where Alan Titmarsh recently filmed and The Eden Project.
A welcome combination of comfort and style, delicious food, fine wines, warm hospitality and impeccable service.
The perfect base for exploring the West Country, to include the renowned Eden Project, a wealth of National Trust Houses and Dartmoor National Park on the doorstep.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||£70.00 per person (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|Twin en suite||£70.00 per person (breakfast included)|
|Family en suite||from £140.00 to £190.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single en suite||£70.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Triple en suite||£210.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Four poster honeymoon suite
- Lawn area for marquee
- Marriage / Reception Room decoation
- Overnight accommodation available
- Red carpet welcome
- Celebrity connection - Tavistock is the birth place of Sir Francis Drake
- Haunted - We have been told the Bedford is haunted on many occasions
- In town/city centre
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Built on site of former Benedictine Abbey. Former home to Dukes of Bedford.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Accept children all ages
- Facilities for children
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - 40 spaces
- Access to golf course
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking
- Additional meal details - Any
- Cater for vegetarians
- Room service
- Serve breakfast - 7.30am-9.30am.
- Serve evening meal - 7.00pm-9.30pm.
- Serve lunch - Noon-2.30pm.
- All major credit cards accepted
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Diners Club accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Four poster beds available
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Modem point in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- Accept coach parties
- Available for wedding receptions
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem)
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for alcohol
- Open all year
- Pets accepted
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Real log/coal fires
- Separate guests' lounge
- Wedding Venue
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings
- Christmas/New Year Programme
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Special provisions for cyclists - Secure storage and drying facilities.
- Special provisions for walkers
Map & Directions
From A386 Situated in the centre of Tavistock, off the main square.
- 3 AA Stars Hotel
- Regional and Miscellaneous Dartmoor First 2010
|Open New Year|
|The Bedford Hotel (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|