This accommodation does not have any available rooms
“So cozy, homely & relaxing…the best night sleep ever. Staying a Lurcombe felt like a breath of fresh air - and not just for the beautiful countryside. A hidden gem nestled into the Devonshire hills. We will definitely be back…”
Pip McCormac, Associate Editor, Red Magazine, 2017
Snuggled into a hidden hillside on a working farm, the Mill Cottage
r, and Granary Barn have been lovingly converted into Devon's 5* boutique self-catering accommodation. Rolling hills surround you, ponds meader along the bottom of the hillside, cattle and sheep graze the fields and the only sound to be heard is birdsong. The Mill Cottage has a typical country cottage feel, with beautiful beams and a cosy inviting atmosphere. The Granary Barn has the wow factor with high vaulted ceilings and chandeliers. Onsite, a tennis court, fishing lake and hillside walks are all on tap. Suitable for couples and babes in arms up to a year old, this accomodation is the quintessential 'English Country Garden', set in rolling green hills.
Our accommodation is only 5 mins from the A38 Devon Expressway in Bickington and approximately 3 and a half miles from Haytor. Ideally located, both Moor and Coast are only a short drive away.
A Bottle of Wine, fresh farm eggs and pint of milk will await you on your arrival. A basic kitchen caddy of tea, coffee, herbs, spices, salt, pepper and cooking oil.
High quality fresh linen and towels.
TV/DVD with the full range of Freeview channels available.
Modern fully equipped fitted kitchen with oven, dishwasher, fridge, microwave
Utility room (washing/drying)
Tennis court - rackets and balls provided.
Outside table and chairs are nearby with many other fantastic private areas available for your use.
Secure Car Parking
Secure storage for bikes and golf clubs
Moorland and farm walks – through the valley and past the ponds, a snuggly summerhouse overlooking the water….
The Mill Cottage
This exquisite Cottage offers a living Area with exposed beams, a stunning ornate mantlepiece, large reclaimed oak bookshelves and dining table. It’s a homely cottage, very picture postcard inside and immediately makes you feel rested and relaxed. The views across Great Orchard are simply breath-taking – green rolling hills. The gorgeous super-king sized bed will have you relaxed and rested in no time!
The Granary Barn
This wonderful barn conversion offers a living Area with vaulted ceilings that rise high above you – exposed beams and chandeliers, large reclaimed oak bookshelves and dining table. Treat your self to the beautiful reclaimed oak king sized bed and forget about the real world! The Granary has the WOW factor. As soon as you enter the lofty heights of the living room you are eased into calm.
* Please note, the Granary is accessed by wide Dartmoor granite steps, unsuitable for those with access difficulties.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|The Granary Barn||from £43.40 to £60.00 per person per night|
|The Granary Barn||from £218.00 to £610.40 per unit per week|
|The Mill Cottage||from £43.40 to £60.00 per person per night|
|The Mill Cottage||from £218.00 to £610.40 per unit per week|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Free Wi-Fi available
- Farm - We are a small working farm.
- In countryside - We are nestled on the southern edge of Dartmoor, near to Haytor
- Midweek breaks - Are available, please ask
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Our properties feature in “The Book of Bickington” and are dated from 1600
- Village Location - We are ½ mile from the village of Bickington and 1 mile from Ilsington
- Weekend breaks - Please ask or see our website
- Facilities for the Disabled
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Infants under 12 months, by prior arrangement
- Cot - Travel cot available
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - 1 Car Parking space is provided, additional spaces by arrangement
- On site parking - Parking is located directly next to the Apartments
- Access to golf course - Golf Courses are nearby and we are happy to arrange Tee Times for you or put you in touch direct
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking - This can be arranged through Shilstone Rocks Stud, Widecombe, please ask...
- Cycle hire
- Fishing - We have a Pond stocked with 500 Carp and Trout, Fishing by arrangement
- Gym - These are available nearby. We are happy to make arrangements for you
- Health/Fitness/ Beauty Facilities - These are available nearby. We are happy to make arrangements for you
- Indoor pool - Off Site
- Sauna - Off Site
- Tennis court - A Tennis Court is available please Ask
- Restaurant - We have a sister restaurant called Home Farm Café, set in the nearby town of Bovey Tracey. We do offer special offers for our guests - do ask us!
- Accept Bank Transfers, Internet Payment or SWIFT/IBAN
- All major credit cards accepted
- Daily rates available - Additional Days are available by prior arrangement
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- CD Player
- Central Heating
- Colour Television in all units
- Colour TV
- Drying Facilities
- DVD Player
- Electric shaver point
- Free View TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ground Floor Accommodation
- Ironing Facilities
- Microwave in all units
- Oven / Cooker
- Washing Machine
- Broadband Internet Access
- Countryside Location
- Electricity inc in rate
- Free car parking
- Garden/patio for guests' use - Yes, we have several outside areas available
- Gas inc in rate
- Linen available free of charge
- Linen provided
- Near coastal path
- On-site parking or valet parking
- Open all year
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Short breaks available
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Christmas/New Year Programme
- Honeymoon Breaks
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly - Yes, we do all we can to reduce our environmental impact, please ask us
- Marketed to any other specialist market - We are able to incorporate Horse Riding including DIY Livery & also private fishing
- Mobile Phone Reception
- Pets (Proprietors) on premises
- Special provisions for cyclists - We have secure Bike storage, air compressor and a workshop for maintenance
- Special provisions for walkers - We offer a separate drying area
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Room / Unit Features: The Granary Barn
- Barbecue - BBQ Facilities can be provided please ask.
- CD Player - The TV plays DVD’s/CD’s/iPod/Mp3 & Radio
- Central Heating - Oil fired Heating is provided
- Colour Television
- Dishwasher - Dishwasher and tablets are provided
- Drying Facilities - there is a dryer and space for drying
- DVD Player - We also have a library of DVD’s
- Freezer - A small ‘icebox’ is provided in the Granary fridge, please ask for Ice
- Ironing Facilities
- Non smoking units - All our units are non-smoking
- Size in square meters - 55
- Telephone - Most mobile networks work at Lurcombe 02 and Orange are the best. Telephone is available for Emergencies.
- Washing Machine - There are shared washing and Drying facilities
Map & Directions
Why is Lurcombe such a great location?
We are set in the village of Bickington, on the edge of the Moor, which is only a few minutes drive from the A38 Devon Expressway. Perfect for Moor and Coast.
Lurcombe is nestled into a secret valley on a working farm – and feels like far enough away….but close enough to….We have no light pollution and oodles of wildlife
We are only 10 minutes from Newton Abbot, Ashburton and 25 minutes from Exeter, 30 minutes from Plymouth.
We are located in a great location, only 3 miles from Haytor and the iconic Tors of Dartmoor
The nearest train station is Newton Abbot, the nearest airport Exeter
Public Transport Directions
The nearest rail station(direct service from Paddington/Birmingham/Bristol) is Newton Abbot.
There are buses from Newton Abbot/ Exeter & Plymouth on a regular basis and we are less than a mile from the stop.
- 5 AA Stars Self Catering
- Awaiting Grading Self Catering
|Open New Year|
|Season (1 Jan 2011 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* We are open all year, to make an enquiry please e-mail us, we’d be happy to help...