This accommodation does not have any available rooms
We are an award-winning guest house on the edge of Dartmoor National Park. We offer a premium bed and breakfast escape, as well as a range of unique extra experiences that our guests may choose to enjoy. These include handmade packed lunches, locally sourced evening meals and guided walks into Dartmoor National Park.
The accommodation is a series of converted barns, restored to ensure your stay is both beautiful and tranquil. Built in 1750, Lee Byre had a long history as a working farm. Today, you will find the old stables and milking parlour transformed into deluxe, ensuite double and twin bedrooms. To ensure a comfortable and relaxing stay, each room is also equipped with Freeview television and DVD player, as well as WiFi (beware that the WiFi has adopted the region's pace of life!).
Benefits of our remote location include our own source of fresh spring water, filtered by the woodland behind us. We also burn sustainable fuel in the form of wood pellets for our heating.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double/twin room||£100.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Prices from £100 to £110.
Discount available for single room occupancy.
- Free Wi-Fi available
- Honesty Bar
- Accessible Rooms
- In countryside
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Facilities for the Disabled
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 10 years old
Parking & Transport
- Courtesy transport to airport (Charge Applicable)
- On site parking - Lee Byre has a private car park.
- Games Room - We have a table tennis table and LOVE to play!
- Wet Room Available
- Additional meal details - We offer our guests breakfast lunch and dinner. Our food is locally sourced and grown onsite as much as possible. Our weekly menus are seasonal, using the very best our region has to offer.
- Cater for vegetarians - Let us know if you have dietary requirements, we can cater for most ways to enjoy food.
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Serve breakfast - A hearty breakfast to get you started, including a cooked breakfast, cereals and toast with a selection of homemade honey and jams.
- Serve evening meal - A three course dinner, using the very best seasonal foods our region has to offer.
- Serve lunch - A scrummy packed lunch to energise and ensure you get the most out of your day. This would include: sandwiches, crisps, muesli bars, fruit and homemade cake.
- Serves Local Food
- Accept Bank Transfers, Internet Payment or SWIFT/IBAN
- All major credit cards accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- CD Player in all bedrooms
- Central Heating
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Colour Television in all units
- Digital TV
- DVD Player in all bedrooms
- Electric shaver point
- Free View TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available - There is a no smoking policy at Lee Byre
- Non smoking rooms available
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- TV in all bedrooms
- Bristol Pound Accepted
- Central heating throughout
- Countryside Location
- Exclusive Use
- Free car parking
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- On-site parking or valet parking
- Separate guests' lounge
- Staff fluent in foreign languages ** (List of languages are separately given) - There is a native German speaker at Lee Byre
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Honeymoon Breaks
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Special provisions for walkers - We offer guided walks into Dartmoor National Park and the surrounding region. We can also help you plan your own adventures.
- French spoken - A fluent French speaker lives at Lee Byre.
- German spoken - A native german speaker lives at Lee Byre
- Portuguese spoken - A fluent Portuguese speaker lives at Lee Byre
- Staff Fluent in Languages - French
Travel & Trade
- Packed lunches available
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
There are several ways of getting here. Firstly by car we are just off the A30, heading south from Bristol to Cornwall, our turning is 30 minutes further on from Exeter at Sourton Cross junction.
Public Transport Directions
If you don't have a car, then we offer a transfer service from Exeter St Davids Train Station, or Exeter Airport. Please get in touch if you have any questions about travel.
* In 2017 will be open between March and November.