AboutThe Ilsington Country House Hotel, situated in 10 acres of its own land, perched high on the rolling hills of the Dartmoor National Park in Devon, offers spectacular views of Haytor. At the family owned Ilsington, you'll find all the warmth and charm of an English country house, combined with friendly service and attention to detail. Our rooms are everything you would expect from a 3 star country house hotel. Every bedroom is individual, each one with an en-suite bathroom and 3-star facilities. All our rooms offer a spectacular panoramic view of the outstanding moorland scenery, which changes with every passing season. The Ilsington Hotel prides itself on its award winning Restaurant, which serves local fare and classic dishes featuring fresh market produce. There is also our on-site pub ‘The Blue Tiger Inn’ which serves fantastic food in a more informal atmosphere with a large sun terrace during the warmer months. There is something to suit every occasion - a Devonshire Cream tea in the conservatory or garden, hot, buttered tea cakes by a roaring log fire, or the intimacy of the Library, which is ideal for a private dinner party or business meeting. Our highly trained and experienced chefs offer you only the best in standards of food. The menus change daily due to availability of fresh produce. Guests can walk out from the hotel to join footpaths and bridleways leading onto the moor, or just put their feet up with a Devon cream tea.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Country En-Suite||from £125.00 to £170.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Deluxe En-Suite||from £155.00 to £205.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single En-Suite||£85.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Standard En-Suite||from £115.00 to £160.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Suite/Family En-Suite||from £170.00 to £240.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Superior En-Suite||from £145.00 to £185.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Country house
- In countryside
- Non smoking establishment
- Facilities for the Disabled
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Children's play area - Indoor and outdoor games.
- Children's videos/DVDs available - Family rooms with play stations.
- Facilities for children - Cots, highchair.
- Food/bottle warming available
- Special meal times for children
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking
- Health/Fitness/ Beauty Facilities
- Indoor pool
- Additional meal details - Any
- Cater for vegetarians
- Room service
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal - Three course table d'hote menu. 2 AA Rosette standard or Blue Tiger Inn.
- Serve lunch
- Serves Local Food
- Accept Bank Transfers, Internet Payment or SWIFT/IBAN
- All major credit cards accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Free View TV
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- Accept coach parties
- Available for wedding receptions
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem)
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities
- Hot Tub/Spa Bath
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for alcohol
- Licenced for civil marriages - Civil Ceremony licence up to 100 guests. Receptions up to 120.
- Open all year
- Pets accepted - Dogs, horses and others
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Public telephone
- Real log/coal fires
- Separate guests' lounge
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Christmas/New Year Programme
- Mobile Phone Reception
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Special provisions for lone female travellers
- Special provisions for walkers
Travel & Trade
- Commission/net rates apply
- Free accommodation for coach driver
- Group discounts available
- Packed lunches available
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
From A38 Off M5 onto A38 exit dual carriageway to Plymouth. Off at Bovey Tracey jct to Drumbridges roundabout. Third exit off roundabout to Liverton then 1st right for Ilsington. Hotel 5 miles on right after village.
Public Transport Directions
From Newton Abbot - 6 miles From Newton Abbot follow signs to Bovey Tracey as far as the Drum Bridges roundabout. Third exit off roundabout to Liverton then 1st right for Ilsington. Hotel on right after village.
- 3 AA Stars Country House Hotel
- Regional and Miscellaneous Devon Hotel of the Year - Silver 2011
- Regional and Miscellaneous Visit Devon Awards - Gold 2015
- Regional and Miscellaneous Good Hotel Guide 2016
- AA Awards AA 3 Star Country House Hotel Silver Award 2015 2016
|Open New Year|
|Ilsington Hotel (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|