This accommodation does not have any available rooms
AboutWelcome to Gidleigh
Arriving for the first time, as you round the corner of the long and winding drive, from the distance appears Gidleigh Park. The quintessential country house is nestled in a wooded valley within the natural beauty of the wilds of Dartmoor, Devon. Its location is breath taking and the views are something else altogether. Taking in the gardens and grounds of the estate and the river running through, the house is a backdrop to showcase an eclectic art and antique privately owned collection. The journey to Gidleigh is of course so often made by those seeking to enjoy one of the finest dining experiences in the UK.
Gidleigh Park is home to the much loved two Michelin starred celebrity chef Michael Caines MBE. Michael continues to develop his cuisine using the very finest local produce and his exceptional culinary skills to great appreciation. As one would expect, the dining experience is matched with one of the finest cellars in the UK, holding over 1,300 bins under the expert guidance of Master Sommelier, Edouard Oger.
Adding to the five star experience, the bedrooms at Gidleigh Park are of exceptional luxury. All individual in style and design, they feature the most stunning bathrooms, wet rooms and spa suites that inspire a true sense of indulgence.
Gidleigh Park has given its name to the Gidleigh Collection, six stunning country hotels.
To book a table or one of our gastronomic experiences please call 01647 432367
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||from £310.00 to £500.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Loft Suite||from £550.00 to £670.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Pavillion||from £650.00 to £770.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Spa Suite||£1,175.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Country house
- In countryside
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Children's videos/DVDs available
- Facilities for children - Cots, high chairs, baby listening.
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking
- Sauna - Within one of the bedrooms
- Spa bath - Within one of the bedrooms
- Tennis court
- Additional meal details - Any.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- American Express accepted
- Diners Club accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Modem point in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- 24 hr return laundry service
- Available for wedding receptions
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem)
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Hot Tub/Spa Bath
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for alcohol
- Open all year
- Pets accepted - In bedrooms only.
- Real log/coal fires
- Separate guests' lounge
- Wedding Venue
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Christmas/New Year Programme
- Honeymoon Breaks
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Pets (Proprietors) on premises
- Special provisions for walkers
- French spoken
- German spoken
Map & Directions
In Chagford, right at Lloyds Bank, fork right in 150 yds, straight on for 2 miles.
Public Transport Directions
From Exter St Davids Railway Station
Take A30, head west for 15 miles then follow signs to Chagford. In Chagford turn right at Lloyds Bank, fork right in 150 yds then straight for 2 miles.
- 5 AA Red Stars Country House Hotel
- 5 Visit England Stars Country House Hotel
- Visit England Gold 2012
- Visit England Breakfast 2012
- Visit England Enjoy England - Awards for Excellence - Gold 2010
- Group Establishments Relaix & Chateaux 2010
- AA Awards Red Stars 2012
|Open New Year|
|Gidleigh Park (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|