AboutBarnabas House B&B is a beautifully refurbished Edwardian house ideally located for exploring Dartmoor and the Tamar Valley.
We offer a warm welcome, 6 clean, comfortable guest rooms all with modern bathrooms, tea and coffee making facilities, free wi-fi, complimentary toiletries. We have free parking and secure cycle storage onsite.
All our premier double rooms have superking or kingsize beds, comfortable seating and a fridge stocked with fresh milk.
We have a family suite with 2 bedrooms for up to 3 people, a ground floor en-suite double room with French windows leading to a private terrace, as well as delightful double and twin en-suite rooms to suit every budget.
Choose from a traditional full English breakfast, as well as lighter options such as fruit, yoghurt and cereals, alongside home-made specials such as caramelised oranges or cherry flapjacks.
Booking can be made over the phone or online.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double ensuite||from £80.00 to £95.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family suite with private bath||from £110.00 to £120.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Premier Double ensuite room||from £85.00 to £95.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*£8 single occupancy reduction.
- Free Wi-Fi available
- In town/city centre - 2 min Flat walk to yelverton centre
- Non smoking establishment
- Village Location
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - We accept children over 12 years old.
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Off site parking
- On site parking
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Serve breakfast
- Serves Local Food
- Accept Bank Transfers, Internet Payment or SWIFT/IBAN
- All major credit cards accepted
- Cash & Cheque accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Digital TV
- DVD Player in all bedrooms
- Electric shaver point
- Free View TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- TV in all bedrooms
- Central heating throughout
- Countryside Location
- Family Friendly
- Free car parking
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- On-site parking or valet parking
- Open All Year
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Special provisions for cyclists - Safe, secure area for bikes
- Special provisions for walkers
- German spoken
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
Drive South on the M5 to Exeter. From Exeter take the A38 to Plymouth. As you bypass Plymouth take the A386 to Tavistock. After 8 miles you will reach Yelverton. At the roundabout take the Princetown Road (B3212) and within 100metres take 1st left into Harrowbeer Lane. Barnabas House is approximately 100yds on right just past the Methodist chapel.
Public Transport Directions
Take the 83, 86, 11 or 12 bus from Plymouth or Tavistock to the shops at Yelverton. Walk across the green and down Harrowbeer Lane (about 3 mins walk) and you'll find us on the right.
- 4 Visit England Stars Guest Accommodation
- Visit England Gold 2016
- Visit England Cyclists Welcome 2015
- Visit England Walkers Welcome 2015
- Regional and Miscellaneous Dartmoor First 2009
- Visit England Breakfast 2016
|Barnabas House Yelverton (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
* Open all year except Christmas and New Year