- Arrival Date:
- 18th November 2017
- Departure Date:
- 19th November 2017
- No. of Nights:
AboutThe Arundell Arms is a former 18th century coaching inn, situated in the heart of the West Country close to the Devon and Cornwall border. It is one of England’s premier sporting hotels, with more than 20 miles of private fishing on six different rivers and shooting available nearby.
Fishing and tuition is available to residents and non-residents, as well as nearby golf facilities, coastal walks, riding and other Dartmoor activities. The world-famous Eden Project is just 45 minutes from the hotel, with some of the finest surfing beaches in Europe also just 45 minutes away.
Each of the hotel’s 21 ensuite bedrooms, four with ground floor access, include tea and coffee making facilities, direct dial telephone, flatscreen television, luxury Gilchrist & Soames toiletries and guest laundry service. There is Wi-Fi available in all of our bedrooms and throughout the hotel public areas.
With its proximity to the A30, The Arundell Arms is ideally located for business meetings from across the South West. Ample conference and function facilities are available in 4 rooms, as well as parking for 80 cars and Wi-Fi access. The hotel is also an elegant and picturesque venue for weddings and special occasions.
In our two AA rosette restaurant, guests are treated to a dining experience which we believe is among the best in England. Created by our head chef, Steven Pidgeon, who has the rare honour of being elected one of only 80 Master Chefs of Great Britain, food is always meticulously prepared and beautifully presented.
Complemented by fine wines and attentive, friendly service, The Arundell Arms restaurant is perfect for an elegant dining experience during your break.
Winners of the Western Morning News Business Award 2013.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double||£180.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single Standard||£95.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Suite||£200.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin||£180.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Country house
- In countryside - Set in the heart of the West Country, close to Dartmoor and Cornwall.
- Inn - Former 18th century coaching inn
- Non smoking establishment - Smoking is prohibited in all rooms and public areas, smokers may smoke outside at designated areas.
- Village Location - Located in the picturesque Devon village of Lifton, near the Cornish border, with adjoining village pub- The Courthouse Bar.
- Facilities for the Disabled
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Children's play area - Games Room with skittles alley, table tennis, table football, darts. Toys and books available for younger children
- Facilities for children
- Food/bottle warming available
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Free car parking for 80 cars
- On site parking
- Access to golf course
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking - Riding and pony treks on Dartmoor available nearby
- Fishing - The Arundell Arms owns 20 miles of private fishing waters and offers tuition for all levels from its two full-time AAPGAI instructors
- Games Room - Games Room with skittles alley, table tennis, table football, darts. Toys and books available for younger children
- Other sporting facilities - Shooting, hunting and golf available nearby
- Cater for vegetarians
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Room service
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Accept Bank Transfers, Internet Payment or SWIFT/IBAN
- All major credit cards accepted
- Delta accepted
- Diners Club accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Electric shaver point
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- Available for wedding receptions - The Arundell Arms has a civil licence for weddings, function rooms for the service or reception, a restaurant that can seat up to 80 people and private dining rooms for more intimate celebrations. The hotel can accommodate friends and family in its 25 en-suite bedrooms.
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem)
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities - Guest laundry facilities available
- Licenced for alcohol
- Licenced for civil marriages
- Night porter
- Open all year
- Pets accepted
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Public telephone
- Real log/coal fires
- Regular evening entertainment
- Separate guests' lounge
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings - Three conference facilities of varying sizes, Wi-Fi throughout. Day/24hr delegate rates available.
- Christmas/New Year Programme
- Honeymoon Breaks
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Marketed to any other specialist market - Outdoor pursuits-shooting, fishing, hunting, walking, riding
Map & Directions
The hotel is just 1 mile from the A30 dual carriageway
From the M5
Take the M5 to Exeter and then the A30 to Lifton.
From the A30
Leave the M5 at junction 31, turn off the A30 at the Lifton Down junction and turn right at 'T' junction.
You will see a sign marked Lifton Village and the hotel is about three quarters of a mile on the left.
Public Transport Directions
Exeter St. Davids, Plymouth and Liskeard railway stations are all around 40 minutes from the hotel.
To get to Lifton, the Exeter to Newquay 510 bus service stops outside the hotel four times a day.
- 3 AA Stars
- Regional and Miscellaneous Dartmoor First 2010
|Arundell Arms Hotel (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|