Acorn Lodge is Bed and Breakfast with a difference. It is separate accommodation from the main house, so having the freedom of your own front door means that you can come and go as you please making it feel more like a holiday home but with breakfast included, if required, and offers a perfect home away from home experience for you, your family or friends. The accommodation sleeps from 1 to 4 people and is only ever booked to one party of family or friends so that you will always have the lodge completely to yourselves. The accommodation consists of an open plan lounge, kitchen area and a dining table and 4 chairs, then continues through double doors to a shower room, one double bedroom and one double/twin bedroom.
Luxury white cotton bedding, fluffy towels, soaps, toiletries and hair dryers are provided, and for the cooler evenings there is full central heating in all rooms with an additional fire in the lounge, if required.
The lounge is equipped with a flat screen TV/DVD, RADIO/CD player, books, games, puzzles and comfy sofas, there is free WIFI available during your stay should you need to plan your activities during your holiday or catch up on your emails. The kitchen includes a fridge, microwave oven, sandwich toaster, toaster, kettle, range of crockery, glasses and cutlery, and a selection of coffees, teas and sugar with fresh milk provided in the fridge.
Full Devonshire Breakfast, if required, is served daily in the main house Conservatory with fantastic views over the garden and across the valley to Brentor church in the distance. The traditional Full Devonshire Breakfast and other options are cooked using locally sourced meats and free range eggs or, if you prefer, a Continental style breakfast is also available.
There are many quaint country pubs in the vicinity serving excellent food and Tavistock Market Town is just 3 miles away with it's wealth of shops, cafes and restaurants.
Unfortunately we do not allow dogs or other pets inside Acorn Lodge or The Oaks, but you can keep your pets, if you wish, in your car which will be parked next to Acorn Lodge. Also, there is an excellent Boarding Kennels locally, should you wish to keep your beloved dogs there during the day or overnight. Please ask for details when booking.
Children of all ages are very welcome but we currently do not have a high chair, cot or changing mat so please bring what you need for your infant.
Guests have use of a secure enclosed garden area with a "Beach Hut" Summerhouse and a table and chairs.
There is secure bicycle storage for guests bringing or hiring bicycles.
Both Acorn Lodge and The Oaks are non-smoking areas.
Acorn Lodge is available for 1,2,3 or 4 people with a Devonshire Cream Tea on arrival for all guests and special treats for Honeymoon couples.
New activity for 2017, Wild Birds of Dartmoor Photography Workshops - April/May 2017 with Acorn Lodge as your base you can enrol on either a 4 day/3 night Beginner Workshop or a 3 day/2 night Intermediate Workshop.
Also available is daily Digital Photography Tuition on a 1-2-1 basis or if you prefer as a couple or a group. You can either stay locally or if you choose to stay in Acorn Lodge you will receive a discounted tuition rate. Please go to www.robinstanbridgephotography.co.uk for full details.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double Room||£35.00 per person (breakfast included)|
|Twin room||£35.00 per person (breakfast included)|
*PRICES FROM £35 PPPN (INCLUDING BREAKFAST)
OPEN ALL YEAR
SPECIAL PRICE OFFER - Book from now until the end of April 2017 - 2 or more guests staying a minimum of 5 nights will pay £35 pppn including breakfast.
FOR 2, 3 OR 4 PEOPLE
1 night is £49 per person
2 to 6 nights are £44 per person per night
7 or more nights are £42 per person per night
SINGLE OCCUPANCY OF THE LODGE (DOUBLE BED OR 1 TWIN BED)
1 night is £59.
2 to 6 nights are £54 per night.
7 or more nights are £52 per night.
WEEKEND BREAKS FOR 2, 3 OR 4 PEOPLE
Friday to Sunday, 3 night stays are at a special price of £120 per person.
Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday, 2 night stays are at a special price of £84 per person.
2 PEOPLE IN SEPARATE ROOMS (DOUBLE BED AND 1 TWIN BED)
1 night is £52 per person.
2 to 6 nights are £50 per person per night.
7 or more nights are £48 per person per night.
- Free Wi-Fi available
- Country house
- In countryside
- Non smoking establishment
- Travelling Through
- Village Location - outskirts of Peter Tavy
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Children's play area - Secure enclosed garden area with "Beach Hut" Summerhouse and table and chairs.
- Children's videos/DVDs available
- Facilities for children - Secure enclosed garden area.
- Food/bottle warming available
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- Access to golf course - Nearby
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking - Nearby
- Cycle hire - Nearby
- Games Room
- Other sporting facilities - Grass livery available during the summer months.
- Swimming pool - Public pool nearby
- Cater for vegetarians
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Serve breakfast
- Serves Local Food
- Accept Bank Transfers, Internet Payment or SWIFT/IBAN
- Cash & Cheque accepted
- Special group rates - Discounts for 2 or more guests and for longer stays/weekends
Room / Unit Features
- Central Heating
- Colour television in all bedrooms - In Acorn Lodge lounge
- Colour Television in all units
- Digital TV
- DVD Player in all bedrooms - In Acorn Lodge lounge
- Electric shaver point
- Free View TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Microwave in all units
- Non smoking rooms available
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms - radio/cd player available in the lounge area.
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms - In Acorn Lodge kitchen area
- TV in all bedrooms
- 24 hr return laundry service - Happy to do washing for guests whilst they are staying.
- Central heating throughout
- Countryside Location
- Exclusive Use
- Family Friendly
- Free car parking
- Garden/patio for guests' use - A Secure enclosed garden area with a "Beach Hut" Summerhouse and a table and chairs
- On-site parking or valet parking
- Open all year
- Pets accepted
- Pets accepted - Pets can be kept in the car which is parked next to Acorn Lodge, or there is a kennels locally where you can leave your dogs during the day or at night.
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Separate guests' lounge - within Acorn Lodge
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings - sleeping facilities for 4 people and lounge/dining area suitable for private meetings and conferences.
- Christmas/New Year Programme
- Honeymoon Breaks
- Marketed to any other specialist market - Digital Photography Workshops available for more details go to www.robinstanbridgephotography.co.uk. or telephone 01822 810485.
- Mobile Phone Reception
- Special provisions for cyclists - Secure cycle storage for guests.
- Special provisions for lone female travellers - Single occupancy of Acorn Lodge is totally private
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Packed lunches available
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
From London take the M4 towards Bristol. At junction 20 turn South on the M5 towards Exeter. At junction 31 take the A30 turning towards Okehampton. Take the A386 exit towards Tavistock. Follow the A386 for about 10 miles, passing through Mary Tavy, until you see a turning on your left for Peter Tavy. Take the second right at Langsford Farm. Take the first left. Continue up the hill until you reach a triangular junction. Directly opposite and slightly to your left is Acorn Lodge – The Oaks. Please drive into the drive and park on the left in the curved parking space and someone will be with you. PL19 9JR in a sat nav will bring you straight to the drive.
|Open New Year|
* Prices listed stay the same even through School Holidays and Bank Holidays.